Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boopster_gw

Show me the puppers!!

boopster
19 years ago

Here's Mikey the Border Collie, bustin' a move:) I'm sooooo excited, Friday he's going to get his first taste, pardon the pun, of sheep. I can't wait. This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Haha, with my luck he won't even notice the sheep, gerrrrrr. anyway I'm taking the camera (I've got a pretty nice one that I'm just learning how to use, being able to take a bunch of shots in succession is way cool) anyway, I'll take pics of the sheepherding adventure, wish us luck!

{{gwi:33483}}

Comments (28)

• melee_AL
    19 years ago

Can't wait to see Mikey vs the sheep!

Here's Ruby the collie mix and me, paddling around the pond at home:

{{gwi:33484}}

And Alice the Rottie and her cats:

{{gwi:33485}}

• boopster
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hey, cool you have a Kayak too! Aren't they great? We have sit-on-tops though, never been in a sit-inside. Your dog looks too cute riding on the back. Are those cats Main Coon (SP)? they're beautiful. Here's a pic of me and Mikey and the mom unit, 'yakkin' at the coast, Mikey was only about 6 months old.

{{gwi:33486}}

• melee_AL
    19 years ago

yep, I love my 'yak. Not as tippy as a canoe, lets me sit so close to the water it's almost like I'm just another water creature. We live about 1/2 mile from the Tennessee River, that's usually where we go to paddle. Nice to get out in the winter when the noisy ski boats and jetskis are hibernating. Here is DH in his yak on the Tenn River, watching a tug and barge go by..

{{gwi:33487}}

• melee_AL
    19 years ago

oh I forgot to say, those cats were dropped off at the end of our driveway as kittens so I doubt they are Maine Coons :) but they are super sweet and smart. I am experimenting with clicker-training them. Such fun!

• boopster
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Oh, my gosh who could drop off those little cuties:( they are just beautiful. I see your hsuband's 'yak has a rudder, have you ever thought about putting a sail on it? I think that would be toooo fun. I'd like one on mine, but I don't have a rudder, so no steering:( I may try and get it retrofitted with one though. Yeah I really like the kayaks, in that you can go in really shallow water, and out at the coast we actually get in with the dolphins, so you feel like you're right with them, kinda scary the first time though, when you hear them come up behind you, yikes! Man, now you've got me wanting to go to the coast:) we're on vacation this week, but the weather is supposed to turn to caca tonight or tomorrow...oh well

• melee_AL
    19 years ago

Oooo - I would love to try sea kayaking! We went to Costa Rica for a week last year in March. While there, we went on a 'swim with the dolphins' boat trip - that was the *only* boat trip we took in CR during which we did not see a single dolphin :)

DH doesn't use the rudder to steer with much, he uses it more as a keel to keep him traveling in a straight line. His yak is wide and flat on the bottom, it is a tandem and has higher weight capacity than mine, it's kinda hard to handle without the skeg down.

• emluchsinger
    19 years ago

Just thougth I'd toss in a picture of my ultra vicious pitbull, Lucy the Wonder Mutt. You can just see how vicious she really is! By the way, the beer bottle is empty and washed out... just thought it would make for a good "white trash baby" photo opt... apparently Lucy did too! And in the last picture, Oliver looks more vicious than the dog!
    {{gwi:33488}}
    {{gwi:33489}}
    {{gwi:33490}}

• dighappy
    19 years ago

Here is Diesel the wonder dog....AKA stinky puppy head & nubby-nub. She is just about the sweetest dog in the world although I do believe if she thought her family was in any danger she would chew your arm off. Diesel is absolutely wonderful with kids.

{{gwi:33491}}
    {{gwi:33492}}

• boopster
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Oh Wow! I wanna party with Oliver:) he looks like too much fun. And Dighappy, I love the name Diesel.
    Here's a pic of Dasiy the Border Collie cross, in the Bluebonnets.

{{gwi:33493}}

• emluchsinger
    19 years ago

Boopster... that picture of Daisy is amazing. You couldn't get a professional to beat that one! That is gorgeous!
    Erin

• dighappy
    19 years ago

Boopster, Daisy looks beautiful standing in that field of bluebonnets. Not knowing anything about bluebonnets, are they considered a wildflower in your neck of the woods or did you plant that lovely ocean of blue flowers. Diesel's full name is Diesel's Gas & Go....if anyone else out there owns a boxer you know why. Also, DH is a truck mechanic and the name kinda fit. Although she is a girl, her size and stance leads people to believe she is a male.

Here is Diesel's baby picture
    {{gwi:33494}}

• boopster
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Dighapppy I thought Diesel was a pit bull! She looks like a Boxer as a pup, but the adult pic. she looks like a PB, cute puppy:)

Here's a pic of Mikey and his great uncle Bob, this was taken the first day we got him.

{{gwi:33495}}

• dighappy
    19 years ago

Nope, Diesel is a boxer, all 85lbs of her. She has the sweetest disposition of any dog I have ever been around and way to smart for her own good. Here she is stylin in her winter coat.
    {{gwi:33496}}

• emluchsinger
    19 years ago

Just want to add a note as to how vicious my little pit bull Lucy is...
    Last night Lucy was eating her food. Oliver (now 11 months old a monster as he's mobile), had his hands IN her dog dish WHILE Lucy was eating. She was almost done and there were 2 nuggets of food left. Oliver had his finger on one and wouldn't let Lucy eat it. She just sat there until he kindly removed his finger. Then she ate it. My cousin sat there in total amazement and how good she is with the baby! She licks non-stop (PB trait), which he doesn't really seem to mind, but it drives me nuts! And now she is used as a "brace" for Oliver. He's now "cruising" furniture and if she's standind near, he uses her also. The other day he almost fell and was "bear" hugging her so he wouldn't fall down. She just stood there until he got his feet. She's unbelievable. And to think someone dumped her on me b/c she was pregnant... the woman kept her rottie, and rottie/shepard mix and tossed Lucy the pitbull.... what a fool! Her loss was most definately my gain!

• basilmom
    19 years ago

We have dogs and kayaks too! ;)

This is Sunny, the dog who almost caused us to divorce (red husky/yellow lab cross):

{{gwi:33497}}

Max (lab)and his best friend:

{{gwi:33498}}

And our oldest, best dog (lab/chow):
    {{gwi:33499}}

• melee_AL
    19 years ago

Man dighappy, that Diesel is a *tank*!

emluchsinger, Lucy looks like an absolute doll! Funny how there were all collie breeds and bully breeds on this thread until basilmom posted - I knew there was a lab person out there somewhere :)

boopster, Mikey and his great uncle Bob, too cute!

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Well, I just plain love them all, but I really am most inclined to pat the hearty chest of the boxer Diesel, or fluff or otherwise celebrate the upright ears of the lab/chow mix 'best dog!' They are all so adorable.

Do all boxers lean on people by nature? They all seem to lean on me. I was leaned on by a rather heavy grey hound/shepherd mix the other day. Intriguing dog: sleek of face and fur, but very sturdy in build like a shepherd.
    There isn't a dog alive that I couldn't adore. Don't get me started on Mikey the puppy or his adult cohorts....
    Poochella

• MaxBaerHems
    19 years ago

I hope you guy's don't mind, I would like to show off one of my Bud's. "Baer", passed on 1 January, Kidney shut down. But as you can see, he was always the "Protector" I couldn't even have a snowball fight with the better half. He would grab them out of mid air and not allow her to be hit with one. LOL, and yes it is spelled the correct way. He and his brother "Max" were named after the great Heavyweight fighter Max Baer. and of course his son "Jethro" of the Beverly Hillbillies, Max Baer Jr. Anyway, Just thought you might enjoy seeing him in "Action". He will always be missed, yet always treasured for the 10 years of pleasure and protection he gave us.
    I call him 110 lbs of luv'n...Baer
    {{gwi:33500}}

• redblossom40
    19 years ago

Here's our two babysitters. Little Krassisa's playmates. Every summer all three are in the little pool, splashing around
    {{gwi:33501}}

I'm glad to see so many dog lovers and what cute pup's. We are babysitting my son's little guy. What a handful. His a city pup and now is out here on the farm and there's so much to see and do and lots of room to run and play. {{gwi:33503}}
    Here's the whole gang, enjoying the sunshine finally.
    {{gwi:33505}}

Tamara

• emluchsinger
    19 years ago

Gotta love those pitbulls!
    City dog or not, he's gorgous!

• dighappy
    19 years ago

Erin, forgot to mention how "stylin" Lucy looks with her pink collar. Oliver certainly has the sharing thing down and I know what you mean about being a licking machine, Diesel positively drenches my niece or my neighbors baby as soon as they are within licking reach. I think that disposition wise these two breeds are pretty close. I certainly enjoyed all the pics of everyone's puppers....great thread Boopster!

• Pipersville_Carol
    19 years ago

Such great photos!

Basilmom, you've got to tell us the story about Sunny-Almost-A-Homewrecker. He does have a mischievious look. What did he do?

• basilmom
    19 years ago

Carol...it's a long story......I can only tell it when I'm in a really good mood ;). I will say that before that dog finally matured, she cost us thousands (literally) of dollars in either attempts at keeping her contained, or stuff she just flat-out destroyed (like the new bedroom carpet she dug a whole through, down to the pizze she swiped of the dining room table).

As it turns out, she is a really great dog FINALLY. She does chores with me every daty and feels VERY put out if I make her stay in. She's a true working dog...the other dogs are sleeping in when I go out and Sunny hears me zip up my jacket and she's out of bed like a rocket:).

• ccox
    19 years ago

Boopster, what happened with Mikey and the sheep? I was just looking at pics and reread your original post.
    Carla

• Poochella
    19 years ago

You all have such active, fun-loving dogs. Here is mine getting a workout shedding. Her favorite pose. She is hands down the furriest dog I've ever seen. This summer I am going to give her a little trim with my hubby's beard trimmers to try to cut down on the debris she drags in on her locks.
    {{gwi:33507}}

• erinluchsinger
    19 years ago

My dearly departed Bernice
    {{gwi:33509}}

• basilmom
    19 years ago

oh erin...that photo put a lump in my throat :(

• boopster
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Carla, Mike did 'ok' with the sheep:) his first trip he didn't pay too much attention to them:( I was rather suprised, but the trainer said it wasn't unusual, especially for a young male dog. Anyway we took him for a second lesson and he did better, trainer said he went from a zero to 30 LOL. We'll take him again in a couple of weeks, guess we can't be in a hurry, which is very hard for me:) I'm going to keep at it though, it's really facinating to watch these dogs work, I can't wait to attempt our first trial.

Sponsored
Craftsman Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Home Builder 3x Best of Houzz Award Winner