Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
basilmom_gw

My new gelding :)

basilmom
19 years ago

I'm having trouble with photobucket...I hope this looks okay (the weather isn't coopersating either). I know having a chain over his nose isn't too "Parelli", but this is the 1st time he's been led out front and he has always been handled with a chain so until we're all more comfortable we'll play it safe.

{{gwi:33546}}

Comments (15)

• dighappy
    19 years ago

Tracy...he is lovely. Did you say how old he was in your ealier post. As far as the chain is concerned, you are right, better safe than sorry until you get to know each other better. Just think of all the fun you are going to have with him when the weather breaks.
    Dig

• Ninapearl
    19 years ago

oh how pretty!!! what name did WE decide on??

• basilmom
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Nina...I just can't decide :(
    Dig he is coming 8.

• sandymig
    19 years ago

Ahh, Basilmom, he is handsome! Have fun getting acquainted!

Not much beats the excitement of bringing home a new four-legged addition!

• mamacotti
    19 years ago

Ain't that the truth!!!

Tracy, he is gorgeous! I want a horse so bad...but I'm just terrified of them. He is beautiful. Have fun with him!

Suzie

• melee_AL
    19 years ago

Wow, he's a long tall fellow! Here's a few more Hamlet-themed name ideas :)

Denmark
    Rosencrantz
    Guildenstern

• ccox
    19 years ago

Tracy, he's a beauty. Great lines. It doesn't look like they beat him up too bad at the track and he's still got muscle.
    I agree about the chain. Having him out in the open in a new place for the first time----I'd go with the gear he's used to.
    It looks like he's shed his coat already, or they kept him blanketed all winter. Keep us updated on your progress and keep us in pictures too.
    Take care,
    Carla

• Pipersville_Carol
    19 years ago

What a beautiful boy, congratulations. He's got such flowing lines.

• donna37
    19 years ago

What a beautiful horse. No wonder you're so excited. Am sure I good name will come to mind soon.
    Donna

• mkAllis
    19 years ago

Gorgeous!

• Miss_Kitty
    19 years ago

My, he's got nice lines, and he's pretty well proportioned for his size.

Don't apoligize for playing it safe. We humans are a whole lot more breakable than the horses are. So a little equalizing is common sense.

My Ned is 16.2 and the first 2 months I had him he was as spooky as they come. He's 7/8 th TB, and started out a nervous wreck when I got him.

I'm taking every precaution with mine for the move and the next 2 months myself. I'm not risking injury to anybody, human or equine. An ounce of prevention beats a ton of medical bills.

I like the name Dreamer, myself.
    Kitty

• basilmom
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks everyone! I have some fabulous shots but I can't upload them for some reason. I'll keep trying.

• basilmom
    Original Author
    19 years ago

It is true love:
    {{gwi:33547}}
    {{gwi:33548}}

{{gwi:33549}}

• basilmom
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Look at his cute trot! I couldn't get one of him cantering as he tended to run TOWARD me and it scared the heck out of me!

(Cricket is in the foreground...looking like a Trojan Pony :)
    {{gwi:33550}}

{{gwi:33551}}

I have no idea why photobucket is making them so small!

• Maggie_J
    19 years ago

Tracy - Beautiful horse! When I saw the headshot you posted on Thursday and got a look at his profile, the name Basil jumped into my mind. No idea why...

~ Maggie

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor