Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandymig

My 7 month old colt

sandymig
19 years ago

I took this picture of Tango over the weekend. He is a 7 month old Rocky Mountain Horse that I absolutely adore (had to add that). He was running around playing with my mare when I snapped this shot.

{{gwi:33560}}

Comments (20)

• basilmom
    19 years ago

I can't see it :(

• sandymig
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I'm going to try one more time then, I am switching to another picture hosting site.

{{gwi:33560}}

Can you see it yet? I can when I preview it.

• ladybug1
    19 years ago

I can't see it.

• mamacotti
    19 years ago

Nope, not yet...

• sandymig
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Okay...here's another try. I was using Webshots, but I also am a member of Shutterfly, so here's a try from SF.

{{gwi:33561}}

• ccox
    19 years ago

He looks like he's having a great time. Love that blonde mane and tail. What are your plans for him? Don't ever let him tell you that he can't bend at the poll, he's proving he can right in the picture.
    When I had my horse I always wanted him to soften and bend---relax a little. He always insisted that it wasn't possible. Then I'd see him playing in the pasture and have his head tucked all the way to his chest. He was just plain naughty (sneaking out of his pasture between hot wires) and he now live the life of luxury with two girls in 4-H.
    Carla

• mamacotti
    19 years ago

He looks beautiful! What a wonderful shot...wish you'd come take pics of my calves when they play.

Beautiful mane and tail....Tango seems the perfect name for him, too!

Suzie

• Pipersville_Carol
    19 years ago

Great photo. Tango looks like he's jumping for joy.

• mkAllis
    19 years ago

He's a beauty! My friend just bought a 2 year old Rocky filly to go with her other 2. They seem like great horses!

• basilmom
    19 years ago

What a great picture!

What will he shed out to be? His coloring is just beautiful! He looks like a big boy too...

• sandymig
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Carla, he will be a trail horse, and I might show him. Basilmom, he will shed out to be a dark chocolate color and keep the white mane and tail. He has a really funky coat because he was born in the summer and never shed out his baby coat before he started to grow in his winter coat. He is sooo fuzzy. I'll miss that when it's gone, he looks like a big stuffed animal.

Here's another shot of him. Can't help myself, I just love this guy!

{{gwi:33562}}

• Pipersville_Carol
    19 years ago

Rocky Mountain horses seem like really neat animals. Such interesting coloration. Did you get him locally? or did you breed him yourself?

• susanne_OR
    19 years ago

He looks like a silver dapple to me...not all registries recognize that color, but with Icelandic Ponies and Miniature Horses it's seen frequently.

My coming yearling mini colt, Pastorius, is a silver dapple, and his winter coat look much like your colt's. We just did a head and neck clip, and while it may very well change as his natural summer coat grows in, he is now a gorgeous silvery cream.

Does your guy have silver "drawers?" Pastorius has tufts of pale silver hair on his rear which are just too cute.

• Poochella
    19 years ago

He looks like Rod Stewart to me!
    {{gwi:33563}}

• sandymig
    Original Author
    19 years ago

You are absolutely right!!!

They HAVE to be related somehow! Good one Poochella, that is hysterical!

• Poochella
    19 years ago

LOL! it's the very first thought that crept into my pea sized brain!

He is a beautiful horse- I'm not a horse person, but I admire you folks who dare to be among them.

• basilmom
    19 years ago

That's too funny poochella! You're right!

• Ninapearl
    19 years ago

garden, many many years ago i was in kentucky and visited the farm of leah swan (i believe that was her name). i *think* she is one of the first to breed rocky mtn horses. she had some absolutely gorgeous animals. she saddled up her stud and sent me out into the pasture to ride. it was flat out heavenly!!! lucky you, your guy is stunning!! :)

• basilmom
    19 years ago

By the way...your property looks heavenly!

• Pipersville_Carol
    18 years ago

Poochella, you made me laugh out loud (I mean LOUD) here at my desk at work.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County