Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erinluchsinger

Recent Ronali Pictures and more!!!

erinluchsinger
19 years ago

Okay, as requested here are some recent pics of Ronali and myself, along with Pickles the very lazy bull and a few others, including a picture of the stone foundation on the barn that my father is repairing. He is pulling the walls back together. Aside from farming and owning an excavation business, his passion is restoring antique barns. He really would prefer not to farm anymore, and only does the crop work, but he LOVES his dozer and old barns! Enjoy!!!!

{{gwi:33568}}
{{gwi:33569}}
{{gwi:33570}}
{{gwi:33571}}
{{gwi:33572}}
{{gwi:33573}}
{{gwi:33574}}

And of course our unofficial mascot... Oliver!

{{gwi:33575}}

Comments (16)

• ccox
    19 years ago

That llama doesn't like you one bit ;)!
    I can see where Oliver gets his lovely blue eyes---from his momma.
    It doesn't look like Daisy is too afraid of the camera. Do you have any idea when her calf is due, or are you just gonna have to wait and see?
    Thanks for sharing!
    Carla

• ccox
    19 years ago

Sorry Erin, got your cow mixed up with Leslie's new Jersey, Daisy.
    Carla

• erinluchsinger
    Original Author
    19 years ago

No problem.
    Last year my grandfather decided he was out of the Jersey business. He had a jersey dairy for his entire life, and then sold the milking herd for replacement jersey heifers which he raised, bred and sold up until last year. Well, mysteriously 3 jerseys showed up in the barn 2 weeks ago. And I heard that there are 30 more on their way! 2 out of the 3 look good, but the 3rd is terribly thin and still has horns.... large horns. I don't know what he was thinking when he bought her! I have to say that none of the 3 are very attractive. I am so used to seeing prized registered jerseys... and then these 3 rolled in. Quite homely if you ask me!
    Hopefully they'll look good once they're there for a while, bred and in time to sell. I think they're actually cross breeds. Mostly jersey, but have some holstein in them somewhere. That's why I don't have any good pics of the jerseys. I found them to be less than photographic material. Mean, yes... but true!

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Thanks for the photos Erin! Oh how well Ronali has settled in with you and her new animal pals. I absolutely love your farm setting and all its inhabitants you care for. And the rock foundation I just flat out covet.... LOL

You are a beautiful human being and Oliver as well! Keep those pictures coming folks.

• sandymig
    19 years ago

Erin, I'll have to post a picture of my llama, Levi. He looks just like Ronali! Ronali looks smaller, unless you're about 7' tall. Levi is probably over 6' tall.

Cute pictures!

• erinluchsinger
    Original Author
    19 years ago

No, I'm not 7' tall. I'm 5'7". She's a very small llama. I'd say she weighs 200 lbs. at the MOST. She's VERY petite. Infact, I purchased a medium llama halter for her and it's quite big. Luckily it is adjustable in 3 spots, so I got it to fit.
    I LOVE the name Levi. I just suggested that someone on the discussion section name their new heeler Levi!
    Can't wait to see a pic of your llama.
    I think Nina needs to post some new pics of her critters, too!
    Erin

• Pipersville_Carol
    19 years ago

Ronali is in LOVE with you! She looks so happy. Very nice to see. How's the quarter horse doing, have you seen him lately? And the mini? And the chicken?

• sandymig
    19 years ago

Here is Levi

{{gwi:33577}}

This is Levi and Jazz (Jazz is the llama I wrote about 2 weeks ago that I found dead out in the field) :-(

{{gwi:33578}}

I know I have better pictures somewhere of him, but these are two I found real quick.

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Gardenobsessed, did you ever find out what happened to Jazz? I remember reading the thread and felt so bad for you. It's so hard to lose an animal no matter if they're old or sick, worse if they're not; still a loss.

Levi is a handsome lad!

Clearly I need more land. I have neighbor llamas I can walk to to get my llama fix, but it's not the same as having them in your own place.

• Ninapearl
    19 years ago

ohhhhh erin!!! these are just fantastic pics!! ronali looks SO HAPPY! so glad to see she has gentled down and it sure looks like she enjoys your company. what a sweet girl she is! don't you just love those llama kisses?!?

garden, your pics are great too. i remember reading about jazz and i felt so bad for you!

erin, you are such a cutie! i see where little oliver gets his good looks! ;)

i'll work on posting some pics of my zoo. right now it's wet and rainy and everybody looks like the wrath of God! both llamas were out in the rain all day and they look just awful! nice dry NEW barn and they prefer to be out in the weather. ugh!

tuffy, my gelding, is shedding buckets. spring is definitely springing around here!! nina:)

• erinluchsinger
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Question for you llama owners...
    Do all llamas have the WORST breath? Ronali's breath is awful. I mean knock you down awful. I am curious to know if that's a llama trait (which I'm assuming since the multiple stomach action going on), or if she has some bad teeth?
    As soon as it warms up a bit I'm going to get the vet there to give her shots and give her a good look over. And then shearing! I"m the most excited about shearing as she can finally be a nice looking llama!
    Erin

• basilmom
    19 years ago

Erin, I'm so sorry about Jazzy...I missed that thread ;(
    Great pictures! Your place is really pretty!

• erinluchsinger
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Basilmom...
    It wasn't my llama that died, but rather Gardenobsessed's.
    Ronali is doing good.
    Erin

• hengal
    19 years ago

Erin -

I love all your pictures - and Oliver is adorable.........but that is just about the CUTEST cow I have ever seen!!!!! Reaffirms that I could never raise one and eat it - not after looking into those big brown eyes!!! I'm a weenie, I'll admit it. LOL!

Thanks for posting the pics!!

• Ninapearl
    19 years ago

llama breath, in a word...UGH!! i've been meaning to call the lady i got my boys from and ask this very same question. keep forgetting to do that! but since i've read this, i won't worry about it. must be the stomach thing! i'll call her when i get a chance, just to make sure. :)

• erinluchsinger
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Which cow? The jersey kissing the camera is not a meat cow. She's actually an open heifer that will be sold once she's bred, as my grandfather raises and sells replacement Jersey heifers. At least he used to. I thought we were done with the Jersey thing, but I guess after 60 years of owning Jerseys, he just can't give them up!
    The hereford laying down is actually Pickles the bull. He's a hereford/red angus cross. Most mellow thing in the world. But don't get me wrong, when I'm in the pasture I know exactly where he is and keep my eye on him. Growing up with jerseys, I learned very quickly to NEVER trust a bull... never. You just don't know what they'll do. At least all his women are bred, so he's a bit calm when it comes to horomones!

Sponsored
Native Plant Scapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Your Friendly Native Plant Landscape Designers in Loudoun County