Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whiskeyman_gw

Help With Photo's Please

Whiskeyman
19 years ago

Can you please tell me how you can post more than one pic. I have looked at everything and I just can't figure it out. I have tried copy and paste, I can use the brouse, but I would like to do more than one. Any info would be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!

Comments (11)

• emluchsinger
    19 years ago

Okay... here goes.
    You need to post your pictures to a webhosting site. I use www.shutterfly.com It's free and very convenient.
    Now, once your have your pics uploaded to the webhosting site...
    click on the picture that you want to put on the forum. AFter the picture is big, right click on the photo. A prompt should pop up. YOu want to click "properties"... on the bottom... last option I believe.
    Now, hightlight the webaddress that comes up for that picture and right click again and hit "copy".
    From here you come back to the farm forum gallery.
    Start a new post.
    In the message body type...
    After the = sign, right click hit "Paste"
    AFter you paste, put a > sign behind the pasted material
    Hit preview to make sure you did it okay.
    YOu can post as many pics as you want using this method in one post body.

Good luck!
    Erin

• donna37
    19 years ago

Thanks Erin, that will help me too.
    Donna

• Whiskeyman
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thank you soo much!!!

• erinluchsinger
    19 years ago

YOu're welcome. It took me a lot of instruction to get it right. So I'm determinted to help others. Especially b/c I LOVE to see new photos!
    Erin

• Whiskeyman
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ok I guess I am dumb, LOL, but do you put the = sign and then you paste and then put the > sign. I tried but it only posted the web address. this is an example...

=http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dd35b3127cce90f8c3a68cb100000016108EZtWTFsyca>;

Please tell me what I am doing wrong, thanks a million...

• erinluchsinger
    19 years ago

This is frustrating b/c I'm trying to help, but everytime I try to, the stinking computer thinks I'm trying to post a picture and give me a big box with a fat red X in it rather than what I typed.
    You need to type the Erin

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Try this, Erin has it right. Just substitute at the end of it where you see the *'s.

get your copy of the photo's URL as Erin said.
    Type this into your message * img src=paste copied photo URL here* That's it.

You can resize your photos by experimenting with this, again sub for *
    *img src= paste URL here width=200, 300 400 700 whatever you choose*

I find it useful to keep this formula and others right under my keyboard!

Here comes my favorite llama! Good luck,
    Poochella
    {{gwi:33639}}
    And a miniature verson using the above formula with width= 100

Big llama with width=700

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Whiskeyman, I forgot your original question I was so thrilled to see the llama again (hint hint Erin, time for a photo update!)

Just keep copying/pasting and posting pictures using that formula *img src= blah blah blah*
    to post multiple photos.

I don't know if Spike has set a limit per post for Garden Web or not. I'm sure there IS a limit, just don't know how many photos or space per post is allowed. Give it a whirl and find out!
    Good luck,
    Poochella

PS Erin, if you ever put that rock foundation of your barn on EBAY I want to be highest bidder! I LOVE THAT WALL!

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Blabbermouth me: I want to comment on having to use a hosting site for photos such as Photobucket, or shutterfly or such. You can easily do that, but you can also reproduce photos, gifs or jpegs from almost website just by right clicking on them:

Select Properties
    Highlight and COPY address/URL
    then paste that URLinto the *img src= paste URL here formula*
    for example I right clicked on the little garden web leaf,
    clicked properties, copied the URL address, pasted it into the formula and voila!

I guess you should take care if it's a copyrighted thing you're copying, and give credit when posting.
    Credits to Spike and the crew at Gardenweb.

Hope that helps. Photos are a great part of the enjoyment here, besides all the great folks, plants and critters.

• erinluchsinger
    19 years ago

I know I know... time for more llama pics. But, whenever I'm at the farm it's just me, and she surely won't stand still for photos! So, I need to take someone with me so I can halter her and get some good shots. We tried the other day but my mother's camera was dead and she didn't know it. It was making a funny noise but she's deaf and couldn't hear it. So, it was a wasted trip!
    I'll give you a barn tour for a buck!
    Erin

• Poochella
    19 years ago

I'll pay ten, easy, if I'm ever in the neighborhood. LOL
    Poochella

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area