Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wvgal_2006

What kind of rooster is this?

wvgal_2006
17 years ago

Hi there... I have a very mean rooster... and i was curious as to what breed he is??? Thank you so much for any information!

Image link:

Comments (10)

• roxann3576
    17 years ago

Cannot answer what breed he is, I can say whenever I think of a rooster this is the image I see.

Gorgeous tail feathers. Beautiful picture.

Roxann

• curdog007
    17 years ago

A pretty one ;-)

• lunchwithdeb
    17 years ago

That is one handsome guy!

• mamacotti
    17 years ago

I THINK it's a brown Leghorn...

Suzie

• hengal
    17 years ago

I would second that - he does look like a brown leghorn. I have two of them at home, although much bigger, and they are pretty docile....just not with each other!

• gldno1
    17 years ago

He is a pretty thing, but I am deciding I do not need a rooster to complicate my life. My "gentle" Buff Orpington, doesn't know he is supposed to be gentle....I stay out of the chicken yard unless DH is with me. I feel chicken and dumplings coming on.

• hengal
    17 years ago

Yes, he is a brown leghorn. I have two of them at home, beautiful boys and mine are very nice ones also. Never give me a minutes trouble. Now - I had to get rid of a Cochin rooster last year - that was the meanest, nastiest beastie I've seen! He is no longer with us and everyone is much happier. :)

• judylou2u
    17 years ago

I have been living in St. Croix USVI for the past two winters and there are roosters just like yours. Junior, who is one comes under my bedroom window and seranases me in the a.m. He is very nice and has a pleasant croon but Oh the crowing is really loud....

• gmason
    16 years ago

We had brown leghorns when I was growing up. Very good egg layers and the fishermen were always asking for the feathers. The roosters were like bulls, just because they seemed nice, don't turn your back on them. I got some more when my kids were small and got a very mean rooster. He didn't even make good dumplings.

• kthrnslvn_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I have one of these. He was a rescue rooster, and I have spent the summer trying to understand what it is that upsets him. It's a long list, but if he charges me from behind, he makes a lot of noise slamming his feet on the ground, and if he's nearby, he will always start out letting me know he's upset by making a noise like Darth Vader. I find that if I move slowly and respect his space he's a vast source of entertainment, and he takes his job and himself very seriously. My girls would be lost without him, though my daughter thinks he belongs on a Thanksgiving table. [That's not going to happen] I would like to know more about this breed, I had not heard of a brown leghorn.

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA