Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dighappy

Sweetie's kittens

dighappy
19 years ago

Will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. So far out of the 7 kittens I have only named 4. I figure if I don't name them all I won't have as hard a time giving them up when they are old enough (right, who am I kidding) Anyway, here are a few pics of them.

Willow (as in Pussy Willow)

{{gwi:33663}}

Angel

{{gwi:33665}}

{{gwi:33666}}

{{gwi:33667}}

Comments (9)

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Cute! Cute! Cute! And is that Momma Cat watching diligently from above in the last photo?

• dighappy
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Yep, that's Sweetie Pie....she is such a good mommy! Here she is feeding the gang.

{{gwi:33668}}

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Dighappy, she looks perfectly content. Love that tongue!
    Like the vet says, "you have to be pretty heartless not to like a kitten."

I feel so bad, I scared a little black cat out of our garage a couple weeks ago ( and it scared ME); it raced like the wind into the woods surrounding us. Not a good place for a stray cat, filled with predators, dogs etc.
    So then I see a notice of 'lost black cat' down at the local store and gave the owners a call. They came to search the woods for little Ebony, missing since 3/1 about half a mile or more from here. No luck, but something is eating the cat food I'm leaving out behind the garage, 4 ft off the ground and under cover from the rain on the woodpile. So all concerned remain hopeful, and there is now a big box with a fleece blanket inside for a little creature comfort next to the food bowl.
    (sucker for animals!) Gee I hope it's not an oppossum or rats eating the cat food! We don't see much of racoons out here.
    Take good care of the kittens Dighappy, they are so cute.
    poochella

• ccox
    19 years ago

Love the gray kitty with the blue eyes! Sweetie looks like she's ready for you to find homes for those kitties in the pic of her nursing.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Carla

• dighappy
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hey Poochella, any sign of Ebony? I am also a sucker for animals as that is the way I got all my cats (4)...they just showed up hungry and scared. What can you do but feed them and give them a safe place to live.

• Poochella
    19 years ago

No sign of Ebony. I was calling her 'Peony' for the first few days (calling into the woods, around the yard): my bad; had gardening on the mind LOL.

The food bowl was emptied again over night and no real black fur evident on the fleece in the box set out by the food for her. I will keep trying. At least I can offer some animal a good square meal daily and a dry, warm place to bed down safe from dogs. I truly hope it's not a rat!
    Poochella

• Pipersville_Carol
    19 years ago

Oh my goodness, those kittens are the cutest little things. I've always ended up getting adult or semi-adult cats, now I see what I've been missing!

• dighappy
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Will be 8 weeks old tomorrow and all 7 have happy homes. Two were delivered this evening to their new owner and 2 were picked up the other day. The last 2 that are leaving will be picked up tomorrow afternoon leaving 1 little kitten here with me (her name is Willow), as I just couldn't give her up. Here are a few updated pics.

Willow
    {{gwi:33669}}

Tippy
    {{gwi:33670}}

Willow & Zippy
    {{gwi:33671}}

• Poochella
    19 years ago

Oh they got even cuter! Am so glad you're keeping Willow- it would be awfully uneventful without the pitter patter of little kitten feet after having that litter of activity around for 8 weeks.
    Glad the others found homes too. Well done, Sweetie and Dighappy!

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH