Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lesli8_gw

pics of Darling

lesli8
18 years ago

Suzie,

Darling and set up...Well, she would not play on her tire for me, she found the chicken feeder and when I got her to leave it alone she took to chasing chickens **blush** kids never do what you want them to when you want to show them off!! LOL!!

Here is a picture of her, next post- our lame set up. Not fancy at all. Told my hubby he is aquiring too much junk (good stuff like huge steel plate table for welding on, and a huge A-frame to pick up and load heavy stuff in back of truck, boat and lots of new- old trailer parts for that trailer he is going to build....yeah right. He needs to move all of it to the farm and set it up neatly somewhere out of sight over there...

Image link:

Comments (12)

• lesli8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

moving this down

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Darling is aptly named Lesli! She reminds me of my old white Nubian with a brown bib on.

Very cute and I like all the 'toys' you have for her in her pen as well.

• mamacotti
    18 years ago

Lesli, she's precious! Yes, the name fits her well...

So, is she still mad at you today?

Suzie

• lesli8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

No I think she got over it! LOL! I keep telling her that she will have to go back to the farm. She is being so good though, and she loves all the attention. I may just let it ride a little longer maybe till we get a couple more goats or something. She is a lot of fun.

She gets so excited when I put the chicks back in the pen with her after they have been out in the tractor for the day. She gets really lonesome at the farm since there is only the cow right now. Daisy just ignores her.

I would like to put some of the chickens over there but I worry that the raccoons,o'possums and skunks would have a feild day. NOt to mention all the rats and rat/chicken snakes! We have not had electricity hooked up yet for an electric fence. Hubby's honeydo list is just so long I hate to ask for anything else right now. He needs a break.

• ccox
    18 years ago

Leslie, what's up with Daisy? Did your father figure out when her calf is due? I must have been out of the loop, how did you end up with a goat? Maybe you can get her a friend so they can be partners in crime.
    Carla

• lesli8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Carla! Well actually Dad palpated her yesterday )c; I am a little disappointed to say that she is only 4 or 5 months pregnant. But atleast she IS expecting. I was hopeing to get some milk this summer, but Dad says he thinks Sept or October. So we will wait and hopefully keep her comfortable during this terrible heat. I guess we will be milking her in the winter weather--uughhhh!! DH said well atleast you won't have all these knats and flies bothering you and getting in the milk!

She is rather sassy and I was sure that DH or Daisy one was not going to live through the knock down drag out they had yesterday. She has gotten tired of the attention and thinks that she would rather not come up every day unless she is really hungry for sweetfeed and/or cubes and hay.

We want her to make no mistake that she is now a milk cow for us and she will get all the spoiling she can handle as long as she acts accordingly. We know that if we start leaving her out to only come when she pleases she will not be well trained when the baby comes. Hubby is going to teather her for a while till she starts having a better attitude. Just makes more work for us given the fact that we have to check her more often for shade and water and what not. I was really wanting to bring her over closer to the house, here behind my neighbors house ther is a little pasture that is grown up with grass and weeds, she could eat it down, we had planned to start putting chickens over there to "pasture" them. It would help to improve the pasture for chickens too. Thanks for asking about her.

• mamacotti
    18 years ago

I wish we had pics of the knock-down-drag-out! Bet that was funny...or was it scary???

Suzie

• lesli8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well, that was just it, I could not see it, but I could hear my husband cussing at her and threatning her, I had to cover my ears, LOL! but DH was real dirty he said that was because he had to dive to get her lead rope and ofcourse she was trying to go her own way but actually still yeilded when she absolutely had to, he had a can of cubes or sweetfeed and she still paid no attention to that, he said he kept a hold of it so he could hit her with the sharp edges(not really sharp but they have an edge that she would feel if he hit her with it just right) of the gallon sized veggie can if she tried to hit him with her horns, but I guess he didn't actually have to do that. He said it was tree to tree getting her up to the pens-he'd yank her and wrap the rope around the tree to keep her from gaining any ground, then she would walk a ways, then they were fightning again, he would wrap around another tree. BUT HE WAS MAAADD!!!!! I was glad that my Dad was not there yet! **blush**.

He has never had that much trouble before EVER! Always before when he had her lead rope and she didn't want to go his way she would lay down, that was pretty funny too, although a little frustrating for him.

He doesn't even throw it in my face that I had to have a milk cow(c;, I have been waiting for that one-- just about every time she gets contrary.

• basilmom
    18 years ago

That is a such a darling picture. You could turn it into a post card :) (for us farm geeks - nobody else would appreciate how adorable that girl is!).

• lesli8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh, what a mess she is!! my son took a picture of her this morning because she got into the little wire rabbit cage that my chicks live in, DH has it up on stands and a little stair/latter up to it for the chicks to use, but she uses it and got all the way into the wire cage, she really had to scrunch up too!

• Poochella
    18 years ago

LOL sounds like a goat! Can we see the picture or was it on film?

When my sheep was ill we quarantined her in the goat/sheep shack to let her recoup (3 full walls and a half wall with a roof and entry way.) Well, no matter how many or how sturdy the barricades put up to keep the goats out, every morning I would go check on the sheep and there would be that little devilish brown and white face peeking out from the barricades over the half wall! I don't know how a full size goat could get his carcass through the crevices, but he did. Should have named him Houdini.

• lesli8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOL they are unbelievable! It is on my digital camera, but the camera is in the truck loaded up for a camping trip the rest of the week. I will try to remember to do it when we get back. We are leaving in a few minutes.

Fun fun in near 100' heat, what were we thinking??? DH is thinking about fishing, going to put out tons of trot lines etc at aunt and uncle's place on the creek. It is only about a mile from my parents house, it if gets too unbearable I may have to sneak over to Mom's house and sleep in the airconditioning! LOL!!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting