Comments (24)

• leannepa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

trying again
    {{gwi:33771}}

• dighappy
    18 years ago

WOW....what gorgeous color. How many do you have? Great picture by the way.

• cheribelle
    18 years ago

Hi, Leanne! That is a pretty guy. I have read Kermit's advice on feeding the reptile vitamins, but never really got it straight why feed them that instead of the bird vitamins from the same company? I use Vio-Nate, and cat food, can't complain at all about color, but want to make sure they have what they need. What difference exactly are you seeing? Sure looks like it isn't hurting him any! No eggs here yet, but the boys are strutting.

• mamacotti
    18 years ago

Good Heavens Leanne!!! Is that real??? It's gorgeous! Is that a male or female?

What is their temperament like? Are they as friendly as chickens can be? Suddenly I now have a billion questions about peafowl...

how big ARE they?
    what size as babies?
    hard to keep?

...and I've yet to find my babydoll sheep!

Great pic...thanks for posting it. It truly does not look real. The colors are sooo vibrant, and fluorescent. Are you sure that's real? Or just a joke? Girl you better answer quick, 'cause I'm about to place an order! ;)

Suzie

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Wow! Neon teal and amber- that bird belongs in Vegas!
    That is the prettiest peacock I've ever seen.

(I'm tempted to start taking reptile vitamins myself LOL.)

• leannepa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes it is real! Mine are very tame, I have about 15 right now, more every year, I need to sell some this year He's another shot of Junior.
    {{gwi:33772}}

• Patriz
    18 years ago

Leanne...the head shot one is a professional photo! Very nice...thanks for posting :)

• owensgirl
    18 years ago

OH.MY.GOSH!!! That is one of the most awesome things I've seen! I love it. Hubby doesn't know it, but peacocks are DEFINATELY in our future!

• basilmom
    18 years ago

Yes, Leanne that close up is really unbelievable!

• Mommasons
    18 years ago

That first picture is the most amazing photo I have seen in a long time! Very National Geographic, my dear! You could win Kodak contests with this one! Make some "bird food" money with it! If interested in selling eggs, let me know!
    Awesome, just awesome! You should be proud as a .......!

• sullicorbitt
    18 years ago

Stunning! what breath taking pictures! thanks so much for sharing :)

Sheila

• Molineux
    18 years ago

WOWIE KAZOWIE!!!

Poochella is right. That bird was a Vegas showgirl in a former life. What kind of Peacock is he? I remember reading somewhere that there are several domesticated types.

• leannepa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

There are about 47+ color and pattern variations. Three basic species, these being India Blues, the most common. Java green are the most rare and no longer found in the wilds.
    This particular bird Junior is and India Blue crossed with white, so he has white primary wing feathers.
    here's another shot of just his tail, relaxed.
    size? About a skinny turkey size. They moult their tails for the winters, thankfully or they would not fit in their 1/2 of our pole barn.
    {{gwi:33773}}

• TRESIEG3
    18 years ago

Are you wanting to sell any fertile hatching eggs?

• leannepa
    Original Author
    18 years ago

sure, but you'd have to wait untl next Spring, about April-May. Shipping can be tricky, have had better hatch rates with pickups rather than commercial shipping.

• gurley157fs
    18 years ago

That first picture is beyond words. I may have to save it a frame it.

I have always wanted peacocks but I am just not set up for it right now. I think I'm having peafowl envy.

• sunita
    17 years ago

I'm sooo jealous! I've always wanted to raise a few but I am not allowed to. Peacocks are originally from India but we're not allowed to raise them or keep them in enclosures. Why? because they're our National Bird!Waaaaah! :(

• leannepa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I guess my link went bye bye, here's a valid one. Thanks for all the great compliments. I Love my birds.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:33768}}

• leannepa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

and another of the same bird

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:33769}}

• Pipersville_Carol
    17 years ago

Amazing! He looks happy and healthy. How do they balance with such huge tails??

• leannepa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

here's a few more, their tail are very light. I'll have to dig out a photo from the back side. it is quite ingenious how they lift up.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:33770}}

• Pipersville_Carol
    17 years ago

Beautiful.

• nat57
    14 years ago

Hello Leann
    A peahen seems to have adopted my house this past winter , plenty of food , water ,roosting areas , iam looking for a companion for her where would i look for a male in carlisle pa area ?

Thanks for any help
    GE

• sheeba123
    9 years ago

Hello, I am new to peacocks, we just had 4 peachicks 2 whites and 2 brown wonder how did that happen since my peacock is indian blue!
    Advice me how to feed those little ones

Sponsored
COLAO & PETER Luxury Outdoor Living
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
VA, MD, and DC's Award-Winning Custom Pool Builders | Best of Houzz