Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erinluchsinger

Pics of the babies!!! (Finally)

erinluchsinger
18 years ago

Okay, so here they are! Enjoy 'em. 9 babies so far. 5 heifers, 4 bulls (or soon to be steers as they are all banded).

{{gwi:33827}}
{{gwi:33828}}
{{gwi:33830}}
{{gwi:33832}}
{{gwi:33834}}
{{gwi:33835}}
Oh... and I got Roni the llama sheared this weekend as well. She was SOOOO good. They put her in a stock, and it took and hour and a half! We found a piece of barbed wire in her tail! Not kidding. She was probably so good b/c it had to have felt good to get all the matted mess off her body! I saved the barbed wire just in case the woman ever says that I stole her! The shearing job isn't gorgeous, but the clippers were getting very dull, and the people were nice enough to do it, so I said I didn't care what she looked it! Although they did say she has fantastic fiber, so the next time around, I'll be able to do something with it! They were VERY impressed by how good she was to stand there for almost 2 hours and put up with us! We had 3 people working on her!

{{gwi:33836}}

Comments (11)

• mamacotti
    18 years ago

Too cute! Reminds me of my Punkin...I love the solid red one, too. They are all beautiful. And Roni's looking good, too. Don't you know she's happy to have it all gone!

Good job Erin...You did a great thing getting her. I'm so glad you love her so much!

Suzie

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Oh My Gosh, Oh My gosh! So cute- each and every one. I'm glad I checked in and found these photos waiting. There is no baby animal on earth that isn't cute- except maybe a opossum or a rat.

Ronali is a svelte and beautiful shadow of her former furry-fibery self! I think it's a great haircut/shearing job. Hats off to you for working with her so well that she stood human beings for 2 hours. Bet she feels free as a bird now.
    Well done Erin!

• dighappy
    18 years ago

Erin, They are all just adorable. Are you going to give them all names? Ronali looks great in her summer "do". One of the local nurseries here in South Jersey just had a baby llama born in April.....any chance you might breed Roni, how cute would that be!

• basilmom
    18 years ago

You know...I don't even like cows too much but these pictures make me say, "aaaawwwww!"...they are precious. Sure makes me feel guilty about eating them!

And that llama....it's SO Dr. Suess!

• ccox
    18 years ago

I want the baby with the white face, but brown eye rings. I don't imagine eating them becomes a problem when they are racing around the pasture trying to kill you and each other as yearlings. I'm so glad you have all good mommas and no bottle babies, cuz they get into trouble (right Suzie?)
    Poochella, actually baby opossums are so ugly they're cute. Then they grow up and are just plain ugly.
    Erin, thanks for sharing and taking pics. I know you don't have anything else to do these days. *L*
    Take care,
    Carla

• mamacotti
    18 years ago

Right, Carla! I have no idea how Punkin got the idea between her big ears that she was our "special" one, but somehow she did. That calf should be named 'Houdini'. She's so bad, but so cute. Although early mornings, or evenings when they get really frisky, I am thankful for her little "burrrps" right before she tries to head-butt me from behind. I've smacked her nose a few times, and sternly said "no", but then she takes on a very sad look, like she doesn't understand why I'm not playing with her...

She doesn't actually make the contact with Dh, just acts like she's gonna charge him...but she will me. It gets scary...

Suzie

• erinluchsinger
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I named the one with the brown spots under her eyes "Dot". So far they all have names. The all red one is the "Rusty Red Baron". There's one with little white spots all over his body. He's "Pinto" (as in the bean). I couldn't get a picture of the cutest one. She has a white mark the starts over her left eye and runs to the right side of her nose. It looks like someone "slashed" her with a paint brush. Named her "Slash". I want to keep getting pics of them b/c I know I can do better!

• gldno1
    18 years ago

I haven't checked the Gallery in a while. How nice to find all these charming pictures. I love the baby calves. Ours are all black, so not much to distinguish who is who! I kind of liked it when we had a mix of colors.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

GD

• erinluchsinger
    Original Author
    18 years ago

These guys (and girls) are hereford/Red Angus X. The heifers are all herefords and the bull is 7/8 Red Angus, 1/8 Hereford. Although he looks just like a hereford. But apprently the red angus is coming out b/c we now have 2 all red babies! Up to 10 total... 3 more to go!

• Pipersville_Carol
    18 years ago

Roni looks great. This'll probably be the best summer she's had in a long time. And such cute calves!

• chickenmama1
    18 years ago

Oh! They are so precious. I love all of them!

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County