Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gagirl30161

Our new addition!!

gagirl30161
18 years ago

Hi, I am new to this forum and I just had to show off the new addition to our family!! We have a small 32 acre farm with 5 donkeys, a couple of llamas, a young mule and a baby camel. My son called me today so excited and told me that I just had to come and see the new addition. Meet Duke Jr, son of Ruby!!

{{gwi:33840}}

Comments (16)

• gagirl30161
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Okay...so I'm a proud donkey grandmother!!

{{gwi:33841}}

{{gwi:33842}}

• mamacotti
    18 years ago

Awwwwwwwww, It's adorable! I just love donkey ears.........

He or she? Do you have a name yet?

And welcome to the forum!

Suzie

• gagirl30161
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It's a he and his name is Duke Jr.

We are going to call him DJ.

He is so sweet!!

• erinluchsinger
    18 years ago

Very cute. But I have a question... where on earth did you get a baby camel? And what do you use it for? I see you're from GA, so you have a more "camel friendly" zone than we do here in upstate NY. Just seems very odd to me. I'd love to see pics of that as well!
    Erin

• ccox
    18 years ago

Awwwww! I need one. He's a beauty. Congratulations on your new addition and welcome.
    Carla

• lesli8
    18 years ago

now that is the cutest!! I want one! let me do some talking to DH...

• gldno1
    18 years ago

He is a cutie! Welcome to the forum. Erin took the words right out of my mouth "where on earth did you get a baby camel?" We started out with 40 acres, but never had anything as exotic as you. It is a great way to raise a family.

GD

• gagirl30161
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ali the camel was purchased by my son from a woman in GA that raises exotic animals. He is more or less just a BIG pet. LOL He loves to be hugged and petted.

Our farm is actually in Alabama. The town that we live in here in GA borders the Alabama state line. My son and his wife are living there now. We plan to build soon and move there also. It is only about a 20 minute drive from where we live now so it is a very short drive.

And yes, it is rather warm here. The high was about 94 degees today. Our winters are very short and mild.

{{gwi:33843}}

{{gwi:33844}}

• sullicorbitt
    18 years ago

Oh my gosh they both are soooo cute! I have never heard of anyone having a pet camel! He seems quite happy as well as your little grand donkey :) Welcome to the forum, I love your pictures!

Sheila

• dighappy
    18 years ago

Now that is one cute baby! What an adorable face. Congratulations on the new addition.

• melee_AL
    18 years ago

gagirl, I predict your phone is going to be ringing off the hook this December when 'live nativity scene' time rolls around again! Too cute :)

• gagirl30161
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks everone! We are still in awe of the baby! He has already started trying to mock his mom by acting like he is grazing. LOL

The camel and one of the llamas act as babysitters at times. DJ was standing under the camel at one time today. Guess he needed to get out of the sun for a while and into the shade. LOL It's just amazing how all of the other animals take to the little one!

You know melee, I hadn't thought of that! The camel and one of the donkeys could both get into the live nativity scene!

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Oh my gosh- adding baby donkey to list of "must have in my wildest dreams" and a camel too! How fascinating to have such a variety of creatures to entertain you!

Wildest dreams list grows with each posting of a new photo!LOL
    I better move to a larger piece of land to make room for calves, llamas, chickens, peacocks, more goats, donkeys and camels. Please: PLEASE no one post a new shot of their baby elephants!

• gagirl30161
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well...maybe I shouldn't tell you about the baby zebra that we had. LOL Really, he passed away. My son had an autopsy ran on him and they said that it was worms that killed him. Undoubtedly the woman that sold him to my son didn't worm him like she said that she did. It was a big shock to all of us not to mention the $$$$ loss on the animal. He was so pretty, his coat looked like silk. He was just begining to get to where he would get a little close to you but not enough that you could pet him. My son had planned to breed him with a donkey and make some zonkeys.

This was Zandy.

{{gwi:33845}}

I made this page with all of the animals at Christmas time in 2004.

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas 2004

• Pipersville_Carol
    18 years ago

Okay, your baby donkey is the CUTEST baby animal I have ever seen, hands down.

• gagirl30161
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you!!(BIG Smile)

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures