Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pams_gw

Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppies

Pams
18 years ago

Here they are, along with Mom, all 10. We lost one overnight and it breaks our hearts. But she was the runt and even with us trying to feed her, it was not enough. I hope I am doing this right and you guys don't have access to my whole computer.......ahhhhh

Image link:

Comments (9)

• gldno1
    18 years ago

Those are adorable. Will they turn the same color as mom or can they be dark. I don't know too much about the breed. My sis has one the color of your female and my neighbor lady is going to start breeding them. They seem to be very good dispostioned dogs.

GD

• Poochella
    18 years ago

So sorry about the little runt. The remaining pups and Mom are a handsome lot of fur indeed! I can't believe a smallish dog had all those puppies inside her. Well done, dog! Thanks for posting the photo Pams.

• Pams
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Our male is a dark red. Closer up, you can see the puppies are a mix of light and dark brown. Some of the puppies will be like Torry and some like Jake. Some of Jake's siblings were tri-colored. Jake and Torry are "outside" dogs if you want to call them that. We bought a building just for them, heat in the winter, fans in the summer... And we have two cats who live with them. They get locked in their pen when we are gone. One of the cats sits and waits to be "let out" just like the dogs do. Goes in at night when the dogs do. But he climbs the fence and goes back out hunting later. Jake and Torry love to ride along in the pickup or car. I always have to remember to lock the windows tho cause they seem to open them otherwise. Scares you to death when all of a sudden the window opens and the dog is standing there with his head out! My husband was not real pleased with me when I bought Jake. Took a little talking in order to buy Torry. But we have never regretted it one bit. They are so much a part of our family that it is scary. We also have a mutt, Cooper. He belong to our 8 year son. Anyone who comes can see that. Cooper lays at Rob's feet just waiting for a wrestling match to start. Three kids, three dogs....life is good most days!

• lesli8
    18 years ago

Awe, sorry about the little guy, the runts have always been my favorites. Can't help but root for the little ones! My dad used to raise Weimerainers (sp?) I always doted on on the runts. With that many brothers and sisters I guess he was shorted on some of the good stuff while developing and darnit, there is just not always much of a chance for them. Congrats on the huge healthy litter though!

• erinluchsinger
    18 years ago

Please do me a favor and DON'T post any pics of those babies when they are a few more weeks old. I'll need one and my husband won't want to hear it. You'll save me a lot of heartache! LOL
    They are certainly cute. I don't think I've met a dog breed I don't like!

• Ninapearl
    18 years ago

finally, pics of the little family!! pams, they're just positively adorable! there's nothing like a whole BUNCH of corgis! we, too, are owned by our corgis. they are great "little" dogs (don't tell THEM they're little) and they are the most amusing breed.

erin, if you ever do get a corgi, you won't be able to stop at just one! thanks for posting this pic pams. more if you have them! nina:)

• Rose_Qld
    18 years ago

Thanks for heeding the begging, you did good with the pic. Do your kids feel lucky to have had puppies?....so many kids don't have this experience anymore. Bet some of your friends are putting their hands up already? My mum had four females, one after the other, and loved them all to bits. She won't have another dog at 87, but goes to the local dog show each year specifically to look at corgs and hopefully be offered a pat. It was amusing seeing my dad fall totally in love with the first pup (she died accidently at 12 months) and tolerate her on the bed when the cattle dogs didn't get past the garden fence.
    Rose

• ccox
    18 years ago

Pams, remind me--the Pembroke are the kind without the tails? I know there are those with and those without.
    Those babies are yummy. I know Erin begged you not to post more pics, but you just have to. We'll warn her not to look.
    Take care,
    Carla

• Pams
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Carla - yes, the Pembroke is without a tail. I will try to get more pictures. They are at the adorable stage. During the day when it is warm, we put them outside under a shade tree. It is fun to watch the kids....in and out of the house to play with them. Our sp needs child loves them dearly. He holds them til they wiggle, gives that one to his sister and holds out his hands for "another" one. With nine, there are lots of "another" one! They are still small enough you can carry 2, wait til they are bigger and that means 9 trips back to their shed. I will try to do more pictures tonight.