Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erinluchsinger

Future Farmer in Training... and more

erinluchsinger
18 years ago

Mr. Oliver just can't get enough of the tractors! We have a SOLID rule at our house of no riding on ANY kind of tractor w/o a cab... so he just likes to pretend on a lawnmower that isn't running! Silly boy. I think my father is going to get what he wanted... a boy that actually likes to do farm work! Poor Matthew (my brother) HATES the farm, and is currently living in a tent (by choice) in Hood River, OR with his dog. Such a hippie that boy is. Dad just shakes is head. Happiness is individual I guess!

Enjoy the pics!

{{gwi:33898}}
{{gwi:33899}}
{{gwi:33900}}

Comments (8)

• Poochella
    18 years ago

Oh, Oliver is almost as cute as the calves LOL! (Really cuter by far with those cheeks and blonde hair!) What is it with boys and tractors or machines? It's a natural affinity, I guess.

Erin, a girl I graduated from High School with moved to Oregon to live in a teepee for a number of years. Go figure- I think you have it right: happiness is very individualistic.
    Thanks for sharing your lovely farm photos and boy with us.

• erinluchsinger
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I think a teepee would be a bit more stable than a tent! Just as Leanne! she has a teepee in her back yard! And prefers to sleep out there to in the house I think!

• ccox
    18 years ago

That baby is just scrumtious! How do you keep from nibbling on those cheeks all day long?
    I don't know what it is about boys and their "things with wheels". It's true though, I swear they come out of the womb wanting Match Box cars. Both my boys are just nuts about cars and trucks, but my 13yr old has figured out that the riding mower means work and doesn't much care to learn how to drive it.;)
    Thanks for sharing that gorgeous baby!
    Carla

• dighappy
    18 years ago

Erin, you made my day with new Oliver pictures......there is just no way you could resist munching on those cheeks of his whenever he is within reach. Especially like the 2nd pic...Love those sandals!

Dig

• mamacotti
    18 years ago

Too cute! Nice chicken, too!

Boys and wheels...I remember those days. My son used to hang over his stroller, just drooling all over the floor. I was really beginning to worry that things were not quite right with him. I thought he was staring at the floor! Then one night at the mall he leaned over so far he fell out. I freaked. The emergency room pediatrician who did the X-rays on his head clued me in...he's watching the wheels turn. So for years after that he'd just lay on the floor, or the sand, on his stomach, rolling a matchbox car back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...for HOURS. He'd put himself to sleep like that often...fun times to remember.

Suzie

• basilmom
    18 years ago

How precious, Erin! The last one is a hoot - it looks like Oliver and the chicken are both in pause, thinking, "ummm....what is that?".

Your brother probably knows an old friend of mine. Last I heard he stopped in Oregon somewhere for a Grateful Dead show (he traveleed "with" them selling concessions), and then Jerry died...so he's still wandering around Oregon, reportedly in the Mt Hood area - camping as well.

• erinluchsinger
    Original Author
    18 years ago

They're probably tent mates! Matthew is only 20 years old, but nonetheless living the "free love" lifestyle of the 70's.
    When he's not working he's out windsurfing and kiting. He just loves it. Can't fault the kid for that!

• gardnpondr
    18 years ago

TOO CUTE! LOL

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio