18 years ago

Am I subtle enough?

Comments (25)

• Ninapearl
    18 years ago

LOL! yeah, photos...we want photos!! :)

• boopster
    18 years ago

I've been on vacation, and then had a very stressful visit from my sister, her husband and new baby, ughhhhh, I needed a puppy to hug to take away some of the stress :)
    as you can see Liz is having some difficulty settling in, Ha!
    {{gwi:33922}}

{{gwi:33923}}

{{gwi:33924}}

{{gwi:33925}}

• Poochella
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Boopster you're the best! Sorry you had a hectic week. There's nothing like a puppy or a good dog to re-energize your batteries. Liz looks like she's settling in very well indeed- so cute!

• sullicorbitt
    18 years ago

Oh my gosh, too cute! there is nothing like a doggie hug to relieve stress....the nice pool can't hurt either!

• ladybug1
    18 years ago

Gosh, guys, I don't know. The dog looks extremely stressed out to me (grin).

Looks like she moved right in. The others better watch out. This little girl might just take over.

• Poochella
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I think she's getting too big! I want her to stay little for a while longer. Take lots of puppy photos- I still enjoy looking at 'youth' photos of all our pets.

How do the dogs all get along Boopster?

• boopster
    18 years ago

I know, I'm afraid they don't stay puppies very long. She gained 3 lbs since she got here. She's all legs. Mike loves her and they play non-stop. The other dogs tolerate her, but she's pretty wild, I swear she's part Jack Russell LOL. here she is, on the table again, she loves getting up high.

{{gwi:33926}}

{{gwi:33927}}

and this is a pic her other mama sent me. Liz is the one bringing 'up the rear':( goofy girl. That's her mom, Sue. I think she's a pretty dog.

{{gwi:33928}}

• mamacotti
    18 years ago

Sue IS a pretty dog. Liz is adorable. Bet she has great puppy breath, huh? I KNOW I'm not the only one here who loves puppy breath! Don't even try to tell me I am...

Boopster, as much as she obviously likes to climb and be higher, are you sure she's not part goat???

Kidding!

Suzie

• boopster
    18 years ago

LoL, Suzie, that's exactly what my husband said last night, he thinks she's part goat. I'm changing her name though...to 'Princess Pee stain':O I am having a heck of a time house training this little devil. Sunday I let her in the house, she wasn't in more then a minute or 2, went into the spare bedroom, pooped on the floor then....Peed on the Bed!!!!!!! OMG, I couldn't believe it. Hope we get this sorted out soon. Other than that :) she's been a good little dog so far. Sunday she goes back with Mike to try the sheep again.

• nickeys
    18 years ago

Hi Boopster. Your puppy is so cute. I don't know if this will help or not but I taught our last puppy to ring a bell that hangs from the door to go outside. She caught on really quick and it has worked great for us. Play with her having her jump up to ring the bell. Then take her outside to potty and give her a treat. In the beginning I was going to the door alot because she thought it was so much fun. She's over a year old now and she only rings the bell when she really has to go. As much as BCs love games it might work for you. Good luck with your pup. Your property is beautiful....

• ccox
    18 years ago

OMGosh, she's just too cute. I think the table by the pool needs the caption, "Frozen, not too much salt on the rim." My newest dog had the one ear up, one ear down thing for nearly a year. When my vet met her he asked if her name was Flopsy. He got a slug in the arm. Thanks for sharing your cutie!
    Carla

• chickadee_42us
    18 years ago

Well the dogs are adorable but . . . the view is spectacular. Boopster's very lucky to see this panaroma each day, oh and not jacking the thread, the dogs are lucky to 'see' this view too.
    Congratulations Boobster on the new pup, his phantom of the opera looks reminds me of one of our new calves, I call him Phantom, he too is black and white.

Roxann

• boopster
    18 years ago

Thanks for the compliments on the view, we like it too. We only own down to the back fence, I wish I was able to buy the little valley behind that, but there's an oil well on the property and it still produces so I guess the guy will keep it for a while. Hopefully no one will build behind us :( ughhhh I think I would be ill. Well Miss Liz is getting somewaht better on her potty training, we seem to be having less accidents anyway. Took her to work sheep yesterday, SHE WAS AWESOME!!! The guy in the pic. bred her and as you can see he is just tickled working her. He say's we got the pic of the litter. She works the best of all her siblings, needless to say I was delighted. We took Mikey too and well...He has moments of greatness the just quits us:( oh well we'll keep at him maybe one day the light will go on. Here's Liz on sheep.

{{gwi:33929}}

{{gwi:33930}}

{{gwi:33931}}

• ccox
    18 years ago

Boop, isn't it amazing! I love the instinct and breeding showing through. She's so young, and yet, there it is. It reminds me of a dog I had when I was a girl. We had Brittany Spaniels for hunting and for my 10th birthday I got pick of the litter out of our male dog. I also got my own shotgun, but that's another story. I brough "Happy" home and immediately started working her in the yard with a quail wing on a fishing pole. I'd cast it way out in yard and she'd chase it. I'll never forget the moment she stopped, stuck that stub of a tail out straight and raised the one front paw in a perfect point. She was only 12 weeks old!
    I don't hunt anymore and have moved on to rescue mutts as my breed of choice, but your Liz brings back some wonderful memories of dogs on a mission. Don't worry, Mike's light will come on. But then again, maybe he'll just be the clown in the family. The male dog that I mentioned as the father of Happy couldn't hold a point, always breaking up a covey of quail and mouthed birds terribly. He was a big dummy, but the sweetest boy ever.
    Take care,
    Carla

• Poochella
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Boopster she's so coooooooooooooooooool! Corners well and super attentive. You can SEE she knows it's her job and enjoys it.
    Um, Mikey: you can always hope. Let's just say I have a 7 yr old retriever mix whose lightbulb is still on "power saver" wattage. She's cute though.

Carla you sound like a regular Annie Oakley and at such a young age too! My hubby had Brittanies growing up. They lived in town and hunted alot as youngsters, but mostly they hunted for 'Rags' if she escaped and took off through town. Born to run, she was.

• boopster
    18 years ago

carla, Yeah I know it is just so facinating to watch these dogs, the instinct is amazing, even is such a little squirt. I'm still going to give Mike a chance, he is a boy:(. But even if he doesn't ever herd a single sheep I don't care, I still think he's about the best dog I've ever owned (next to his uncle Bob of course) He is such a sweetheart, I just want to squeeze him whenever I see him. That's really interesting with the fishing pole thing, never heard of that. Liz's 'dad' used to train Brittany's before he got into BC's.

Poochella you need to post a pic of your retriever. Oh and Carla, what kind of dogs did you say you have these days?

• ccox
    18 years ago

Boop, I have had mutts as an adult. My neighbor several acres over just got a Brittany and I'd forgotten so much about how cool they are. I can't make myself spend the money on a purebred dog if I don't have a specific job in mind for it.---so many dogs need rescuing. I gave up hunting when my dad got too old to hunt. Here in Texas it's too expensive to hunt. Leasing property just isn't the way I was raised. In Missouri where I grew up, you'd knock on the farmer's door, ask if you could hunt his fence line and offer him part of anything shot.
    My current girl is a GSD/Cattle Dog cross as far as we can figure. She's a big baby and nobody in our house loves her at all, ha, ha. I keep saying when I die, I want to come back as one of our dogs.;) I'd love to have more dogs, but DH is sticking to his one dog rule and right now that's okay with me. If another dog is in my future, I think it will find me.;)
    Take care and keep posting on your baby,
    Carla

• Poochella
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Here she is Boop. this is what we get when we say excitedly " Let's go!" "Let's go to the creek- it's a hot day!" "Let's go anywhere fun." " Let's play ball!" It also applies to commands like "sit."
    {{gwi:33507}}

Here she is in an action shot- NOT! Look for the glint in her intelligent eyes; I dare ya. Even the vet said she needs to go to dog school LOL! She will be 7 yrs old in October. I am pretty much convinced no school can change her much. She is a nice enough dog; always alerts when people pull up the driveway, squirrels dare to near the birdfeeders, deer dare to approach my gardens. But if she were up for adoption from the SPCA on Animal Planet: she would be euthanized for food aggression and general stupidity. I am sorry to say this. She just isn't a bright dog. In the big scheme of wattage: she is a night light.
    {{gwi:33932}}

• boopster
    18 years ago

Oh Carla don't you know it, I always say when I die I want to come back as one of my animals, especially the dogs, what a life they have LOL.
    Poochella that is the cutest dog:) what a face, looks like she has a little Ausie in her, and look at the snow, oh I wish we would get snow here every now and again, I bet the dogs love it.

• Poochella
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I would like to see an update of Miss Liz. I bet she's grown alot.

• boopster
    18 years ago

Oh my you shouldn't have said that LOL, I take so many pics. it's not even funny. Haven't checked in here for a while, tell you more about that in a bit, but yes Miss Liz is growing 6 months now, and still doing well on sheep. Got the chance to meet her brother a week or so ago:(, guess it's true what they say about the males, too goofy, just like Mike. But I really like him he was a cutie. Well here are the latest pics of the children:) The 3 amigos at the pool. La Liz looking fetching, Liz on sheep, and Liz and Mikey's latest obsession, the sprinkler! They will spend all day playing in it, they are a couple of nut jobs.

{{gwi:33934}}

{{gwi:33936}}

{{gwi:33938}}

{{gwi:33939}}

{{gwi:33940}}

• Poochella
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh she's just fetching, and thankfully not grown yet into a gigantic dog like Mikey. Glad to see her more earthbound on the pool deck rather than up on her favorite tables LOL.
    We have new neighbors building a house down the shared driveway. With their Brittany Spaniel finally out of his kennel in an urban apartment, all we see here in the country when he's lose is a flash of orange and white careening around the yard, followed by bellows of MIIIIIII KEEEEEEEY! He needs a herd or a flock of birds to go after for about twelve hours to tire him out and I'm not sure that would suffice.

Don't be shy about those photos Boopster, and thanks for posting those above. Pisser the cat and Liz are among my favorites (although I secretly adore them all.)

• melee_AL
    18 years ago

Awwww, so cute :) Thanks for posting the puppy pictures! So spill the beans, what's been going on with you, Boop?

• boopster
    18 years ago

Oh, hey there Melee, how goes it? Well I actually meant to post this on the main board, just because so many of us are outside in the sun etc... anyway, had a bit of a cancer scare:O. I had a little spot on my neck/shoulder, that I'd just kind of been ignoring...anyway my sister came into town and saw it, insisted I get it looked at and well....turns out it was melanoma. And for those of you that don't know melanoma can be very deadly:(, it's the skin cancer that can and does go to organs, usually lungs, lymph nodes, brain:( anyway they caught mine fairly early, of course for a week or 2 I was wandering around the house humming the theme from Love Story LOL, before I got all the results back. they still had to cut a pretty big chunk out of my neck to get all the margins, but it's healing fairly well, and I don't think it'll leave too bad of a scar. So!!! if you see anything suspicious on yourself or anybody else, get it looked at!!! Don't be a knucklehead like me, if caught early they can take care of it fairly easyly. And being as most of us on this board probably spend a great deal of time out in the sun, make sure you wear hats, sunscreen, etc.....ok enough preaching from the Boopster. Oh and Melee, I'll have to post some more pics of Hudson, hes getting HUGE!!!!!!! How are your horses doing? Done any yakin' lately?

Poochella, how's Mikey the Brittney getting on? Has he settled into country life yet? We spent the weekend at the coast with the folks we got Liz from,they brought her sister Lil, I'll have to post some pics of her too, they look so much alike I almost brought the wrong dog home! anyway our house at the coast is not all that big, and we had FIVE Border Collies down there with us:) but a good time was had by all.

• melee_AL
    18 years ago

Yikes Boop, skin cancer is scary stuff! Good for your sister for gettin' on your case! So glad you caught it in time.

My Dad has had 10 or so growths/spots on his face, scalp and hands frozen or lasered off every year. I've been putting fresh aloe vera sqeezins' on those areas for about the last 8 months or so and he hasn't developed any new growths in that time! One-rat study but I am pretty excited about it and the dermatologist said 'whatever you're doing - keep it up' at his last visit a coupla months ago. Now if I could just remember to do the same for myself...sometimes it's easier to find time do things for a loved one than for yourself :)

Why don't you kick off a new 'pics of horses' thread with some shots of Hudson, Boop?

We just got back from a family vacation to Florida, we did some yakin' in St Joe Bay - beautiful and quiet.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus