Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identify ducks Part 2

Posted by sharonk1954 z6a IN (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 24, 10 at 17:24

This beautiful duck has brown feather tips on her breast and back. What breed is she?

Image link: Help identify ducks Part 2 (59 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identify ducks Part 2

Hmmm I have the male half. I figured he is just a mix.I was hoping mine was female and I would call him Lacey because he reminded me of a lace tablecloth but he was male and I call him Hawkeye
Hawkeye
now that he is molting he has lost A LOT of color and resembles your duck. Don't have a recent photo of him

o

Ok,,,,,, got it Silver Appleyard and I would LOVE a few females.
He is a good male duck as he keeps the girl in line finding the ones who have strayed off and bringing them back to the flock. His sexual Appetite earned him the name of Hawkeye (after the M.A.S.H. womanizer and sometimes my hubby calls him Tiger :~)
tanya

o

They appear to be Australian Spotted Ducks.

o

I didn't realize this was so old a post. I hope you're still there. Here's a link for all interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Australian Spotted Ducks from the Feathersite.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here