Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name For My Farm

Posted by 2_Katies Ohio (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 2, 13 at 2:58

Hi, Im looking for some creative ideas for a name for my farm. I moved here in Aug after my divorce. Its 20 acres, and really a life long dream come true! I own 5 horses, fostering a starved pony, and I have 2 boarders. Repairing the barn and putting up new fences and paddocks to be able to bring in more boarders. I also want to be able to help/foster neglegted horses/ponys when needed.
I was hoping someone out there may have some creative ideas of names to kinda express what this place means to me.
Thanks! :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name For My Farm

We named ours for our name Double B Farm
B
the Bs are interlocking.We have donkeys we were gonna nameit half assed,hubby didnt like that.we wanted to name freaky farm.we had a 4 legged chick born 2 butts,we had a cat that was messed up,we had a chicken take care of 2 ducks,she was a good mother.

o

• Posted by Krt1 none (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 6, 13 at 18:07

well,... what does it mean to you? examples, new beginning, not done yet, just starting, round two, end of the rainbow, over the rainbow, 2nd chance, at last, heavens gate, home, the list is endless. i know a person who just does basic rescue for horses that people can no longer afford to feed, lost interest and are cruel, they are old and of no practical use other then just looking at, or whatever. the drought has caused a lot of hardship for people, which causes hardship for animals. the rescue person that i speak of would get donations once in a while after people found out what she was doing. please be sure to mention to whoever you get the foster animals from that any amount of funds would be thankful. also it would'nt hurt to tell your vet what you are doing, they should be able to mention it to others and get the word out, i would think, or let you post a notice in their office . hope this helps.

o

We have a creek running thru our farm and used that in our name.

o

There's an animal rescue place near us called Journey's End. Another place up the road a bit is called Done Moving. Both names appeal to me.

o

My mom wrote a book and in the book the name of the ranch was "Fin de Finada". The end of nothing. It's from "The Year of the Diamond Mine" by Marian Jones. It just came out this month and is available on Amazon.com. Just thought you would like the name.

o

You're giving 'new beginnings' to many things. Yourself included. :)

o

We have a small farm - just 5 acres. We call it Jordan's Croft because "croft" is the English/Irish name for a 5 to 10 acre farm.

I think there are other names for small farms in different languages. This is a good way to put your hertitage to work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here