Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mean Male Goat....and my Females..Help

Posted by flowersnhens Maine 4 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 20, 14 at 10:07

Okay, so I have three female goats that go in and out of heat for the past couple months. I friend brought over their Male goat for stud services. He is very rude, and not very nice to my girls. He is hogging food, and runs them off when they try to eat their hay. I have also noticed him head butting them, and sometimes they get pushed pretty hard into the wall. I am not happy with this as either are they. They avoid him like the plague, but the person who brought them over told me it is NORMAL !!...Should I send him home? I feel like if I have his owner come get him already, he will think I am just being silly and over protective. He lives over an hour away so the trip is a bit inconvenient.

This post was edited by flowersnhens on Mon, Jan 20, 14 at 10:11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mean Male Goat....and my Females..Help

You really need to read up on goat management and goat sex,

The male should be kept away from the females and carefully chaperoned so he can't bully them.

He's there for breeding only, so put them together when you know the female is receptive and remove her after he's inseminated her.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here