Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ever use those 'windmill' fans to get rid of moles/voles?

Posted by mersiepoo 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 6, 12 at 19:35

First time ever, we have hordes of moles/voles tunneling all over our yard. It took a few years for the invaders to reach the garden, but they finally got there last year. They made a mess with eating around the pumpkin roots, wilting the plants and giving the mice a great way to get around and eat the other plants. So, I'd like to give those wind mill things a try, Jung seed sells one and I'd rather use that than use a battery operated contraption that costs just as much if not more if you add batteries to the mix. Has anyone ever used one, and if so, did it work? We have a LOT of rodents around here, the mice are bad enough, but the moles are an extra hassle. The only 'good' thing is that the chickens get a few sometimes. We've got feral cats due to our neighbors but they do nada for the rodent problem. Thanks for any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ever use those 'windmill' fans to get rid of moles/voles?

what ?

o
RE: Ever use those 'windmill' fans to get rid of moles/voles?

It's called a 'mole chaser'

Here is a link that might be useful: mole chaser

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here