Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dannic_az

Details Plans for Chicken Tractor

dannic_az
18 years ago

My husband has drawn a plan for a simple chicken tractor that he is building. He will soon have a picture slideshow of how he builds them to post here as well. He wants to share his ideas with everyone and welcomes the free use of his plans and any feedback or more specific questions. This can be built with...

4 - 2" x 2" x 8'

3 - 2" x 4" x 8'

2 - 3/8" x 4' x 8' plywood

3" screws

2" screws

any scraps that you want to substitute.

He was frustrated that he could not find any simple construction plans online for our tractors and beign a house designer he just decided to start experimeng and making his own. If anyone is interested they can send me an e-mail and I will attache the drawings in a reply message. They are quite detailed.

Comments (138)

• floatflyer_gci_net
    15 years ago

Thanks for the gracious offer of sharing your work and expertise. I'm getting ready to join the ranks of the urban chicken keepers and would appreciate any information..especially detailed plans.
    Thanks,
    Dave

• emilio_gardner
    15 years ago

I like to receive a copy of the details plans for chicken Tractor. Thank you.

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

* Posted by paulns NS zone 6a (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 15, 08 at 12:09

Note the date:

"* Posted by dannic_az z7AZ (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 3, 07 at 0:28

Sorry folks, the chicken tractor plan is no longer available."

• kirragirl
    15 years ago

Im really interested in your plans for a chicken tractor. Got new babies coming in and need a place to put them. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

* Posted by brendan_of_bonsai 4b AK (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 12, 08 at 11:42

"* Posted by paulns NS zone 6a (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 15, 08 at 12:09

Note the date:

"* Posted by dannic_az z7AZ (My Page) on

Sorry folks, the chicken tractor plan is no longer available." "

• keziergardener
    14 years ago

I'd love to have a copy of your chicken tractor plans. They sound like something right up my alley! Probabably something I can build! Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Jim Oliver Ministries

• brendan_of_bonsai
    14 years ago

I'm not making this bold to express anger, but rather in hopes that people will see in on their way to post.
    Posted by dannic_az z7AZ on

Sorry folks, the chicken tractor plan is no longer available.

• farmer1steve
    13 years ago

I'd appreciate seeing plans. Thanks, Steve

• k-k-k-katie
    13 years ago

May I have plans? katieoneill3@aol.com Thank you!

• way_edw_sch
    13 years ago

If your plans are still available I would like to receive them, thank you. ministerofGod@sc.rr.com

Wayne

• wanda0550
    13 years ago

I would love a copy of the plans for the chicken tractor if it is still available. Wanda wj@kc.rr.com

• jaloucks
    13 years ago

I'd like to have a copy of the chicken tractor plans also. Thank you so much for sharing! jaloucks@yahoo.com

• pedigrees101_aol_com
    13 years ago

Would love to see your design, I've made my own blueprint but think it may be too big/heavy. Plan on 6-8 hens
    Thanks,

• djricker_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

please send me the plans. djricker@hotmail.com

No spam please!

• feldman_molalla_net
    13 years ago

I would really appreciate a copy of our plans

• mkrutsch_juno_com
    13 years ago

I'd love to get a copy of your chicken tractor plans if they are still available. Thanks!

• piloot_aol_com
    13 years ago

my son brought home some chicks from school for project and I could use some simple plans for a chicken tractor and this sounds like it is really easy to build. If you can send me a copy I would really appreciate it. If you can't I understand
    thanks
    Alex

• trdelgado_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

I am interested in makimg a chicken tracter please e-mail me a copy too.

• wvscreamingeagle_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

Could you please send me images of your plans? thanks.

• auntamysfarm
    12 years ago

Are you still sharing chicken tractor plans? I have a broody hen and need to build a new coop for the newbies. My construction skills are minimal....all that I know about construction I learned in Girl Scouts...thank goodness for that!

Thanks so much.
    Amy

• kasey_reis_gmail_com
    12 years ago

Could you please send me a copy of the plan? Thanks so much.

• daniel_cleveland_ymail_com
    12 years ago

I would really like a copy of the plans as we are about to embarque one the chicken raising journey.

Thanks so much...

• karthasps_msn_com
    12 years ago

I would appreciate the plans for your chicken tractor if you are still sharing them. Thank you in advance.
    Pattie

• mbliven2_kc_rr_com
    12 years ago

I am interested in the plans for a tractor chicken coop. Thank you so much--my husband can build anything--but it is great to have plans. Thanks again--Mary Bliven

• tjnussle_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Would love to have a copy of your chicken tractor plans if you are still sharing. My email is tjnussle@yahoo.com. Many thanks.

• mferre11_rochester_rr_com
    12 years ago

I would also like a copy of your chicken tractor plans. Thank you in advance.

• Buythishouse_frontier_com
    12 years ago

Please send me a copy of your plans if still available

• Jfaber1234
    12 years ago

I would love to get these plans, if still available.

• krobsion_auburnalabama_org
    12 years ago

The city in which I work is considering adopting an "urban" chicken ordinance and I have been tasked to research the issue. How many square feet are chicken tractors, typically?

• ldanby_telus_net
    12 years ago

I would love a copy of your chicken tractor plans if they are still available.

Larry

• dobby4fishing_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

Can I please get a copy of your Chicken Tractor Plans. I currently have 13 Chickens running a muck in my side yard. Thanks

Dave

• suze1199_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Wow! I've been looking everywhere for easy and cheap tractor plans. Could you please send me your plans. My husnand and I can get started on it right away.

TKS

• josephine_jmbuildrestore_com
    12 years ago

I would love a copy of your plans.
    thank you,
    Josephine

• mark_lydellphoto_com
    12 years ago

This is an old thread - are the plans still available?

Thank you in advance!

Mark

• mmcgiver_nycap_rr_com
    12 years ago

I'm looking for chicken tractor plans. Are these available? Thanks!

• dawnclaney_gmail_com
    12 years ago

Would love to have a copy of your plans if they are still available. Thanks!

• dougandtheresat_juno_com
    12 years ago

Would like to receive a copy of your plans for the chicken tractor. Thank you.

• mitymite2u_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I would love a copy of your plans. I do not have a man to help me, but I do woodworking so would enjoy making one of the chicken tractors. I have a lorge garden space that I need to rejuvenate and the chickens in the chicken tractor would really help.

• tackupandride_embarqmail_com
    12 years ago

I would like to receive your husbands plans for I to have not been able to locate any on line.
    Thanks
    Stewart

• bill211
    12 years ago

I would appreciate a copy of the plans for the chicken tractor. ....thank you

• bill211
    12 years ago

wrdefelice@sbcglobal.net
    Requesting copy of the chicken tractor plans..thank you

• srittenhouse
    12 years ago

I would appreciate a copy of the plans for the chicken tractor. ....thank you

• chickachee
    12 years ago

Hi -

May I also have a copy of the plans if they are still available?

Thank you in advance.

Sheila

• hattie535
    12 years ago

I know it's been awhile since you posted the message about the detailed plans for a chicken tractor, but could you send me the plans? email address is hattie94@ymail.com

• bookjunky4life
    12 years ago

I can't believe how many are still asking about this! The OP posted this in 2007:

"Posted by dannic_az z7AZ (My Page) on Tue, Jul 3, 07 at 0:28

Sorry folks, the chicken tractor plan is no longer available."

• jwatzke
    11 years ago

Could you send me a copy of the chicken coop plans.

thanks a bunch
    John!!

• packerkk
    11 years ago

Could you send me details about your chicken tractor? I think it would be a great thing to do with my son. Thanks!

• meholland
    10 years ago

I would love to see these plans. Want to move my chickens to the yard instead of at the barn (it's to far).
    THANKS!

• gardnpondr
    10 years ago

Hi if these are still available I would love you to email me please. I did notice the date on this........Thanx! I'm needing a pretty good sized one with all the chicks I just got.

• Betty Young
    7 years ago

I would like the plans to the chicken coop.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner