Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name of Chickens???

Posted by bulldinkie pa (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 2, 09 at 9:57

i was at the farm show,They had these huge chickens,couple different kind,they were like1 1/2 ft long,beautiful,I want to get like 6 wouldnt that make a beautiful flock?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name of Chickens???

Well, 'huge' chickens' could cover a lot of ground. But the biggest ones I ever saw were at a county fair, and I immediately fell in love with them, they were like big ol' dogs. They were Giant Cochins or Brahmas, I forget which, but they were gorgeous! :)

Here's feathersite's page for Brahmas:

http://feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Brahma/BRKBrahma.html

And Cochins:

http://feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Cochins/BRKCochinStd.html

I want some of each... *L*

Velvet ~:>

o

I like the look of those blue partridge brahmas! They sure are beautiful and they have small combs too, another plus! I would love to raise several differenet types of specialty pure breeds. I'd like to start a specialty hatchery and sell them. Maybe when I have more time...

o

runningtrails, you and me both! I'd LOVE to have a place where I start a specialty hatchery...

How did you like that rooster, 'Big Boy' on the Brahma page?!

Velvet ~:>

o

I didn't see one named "Big Boy" on either page. I looked a second time too. How far down is he? I'll look again.

It's too bad you don't live closer, Velvet! I have the buildings, land and location, near the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) - just no the time. Maybe I should specialize instead of trying to do a dozen different things. It sure is inconvenient having a job - it interferes with my life. lol

o

Velvet: went to the Brahma web site-OMG I saw the one rooster called Big Bird-now I am not scared of anything-but he was the hugest chicken I have ever seen. Can you imagine the feed bill for that big boy and his hens!! LOL He looked to be as tall as me again lol because I am only 4"10 half-I would rather not be able to look a chicken in the eye unless they were on a roost!!! :)))))--he was absolutely beautiful and scary at the same time-thanks for posting the website!

o

thanks I was thinking of the chickens called Jersey Giants,the biggest american breed.Now where can I get about 8?

o

well I wanna see the big chicken too. can you send a link? or did i miss it?

Runningtrails I have to agree with you my job gets in the way of my life too. LOL But Thank God I have a job. Don't want to jinx myself...

o

I MISSED IT BUT NOW i FOUND IT. HMMMMM THAT IS A HUGE CHICKEN!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here