Photobucket

Get a look at these spurs.

Photobucket

He is an orignal imported Serama, 1999.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Baby Pictures 'LOL'

What beautiful chickens.!! Some of the color patterns remind me of the Speckled Sussex I used to have.

o

Some of speckled ones have three colors on a single feather, some with two colors on single feather, then there are some with three different solid colored feathers, and some with two.

There are 7 different color combinations-each color combination breeds true. Trying to develope 16 more color combinations but they are probably 3-5 generations away from breeding true.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Seramas what pretty birds. I like all of them, although I would not have a black chicken. I like muticolored ones better. I also don't like that big spur on your rooster!! I would be scared of him!!

o

Msjay2u these bird are the most gentle birds you can get. That old boy with the spurs is an original imported Seramas (1999). He has his tags (bands) for the quarantine station on yet. They love human contact. I've never have had a mean Serama Roo.

o

They are beautiful. Love all the colors. We've had our chickens since last year and they still act like I'm trying to catch one to ring it's neck everytime I try to touch one of them.

They come running when they see you coming toward them, they are greedy and want scraps. But, they don't like being held or touched.

But, that's okay, with my 50+ lb dog that loves to lay in my lap and the 5 indoor cats, I have enough animals that love me without getting my feelings hurt about the chickens.

Ramona

Here is a link that might be useful: MY BLOG

o

I am on the lookout to extend my flock. everyone told me this would happen. I am going to get 6 guinea hens MAYBE a peacock and definitely some easter eggers. I really want different colored eggs. I might throw in a Seramas too if I can find one. They are very pretty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here