Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chain Link Fencing

Posted by opie12 8 Central MS (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 22, 10 at 15:14

Ok, I have no idea if this is the right place to post this, if not, feel free to redirect me :-)

I am looking to install chain link fencing around my back yard. I'm looking at 307 feet with one 10 ft. drive gate and one 4ft walk gate. The fence will be 4 ft. high.

I am wondering if anyone knows a guestimate about what a good price for someone to install this would be. I know it may vary by location and the terrain (My back yard it flat, there is one small slope, where the least amount of fencing will go, maybe 36 feet worth)

Any information would be appreciated, thanks

Melissa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chain Link Fencing

Five years ago I had chain link installed. It's the coated kind, mostly flat ground, two 10-12 foot double-door gates. It cost about $10 a running foot. That's not cheap, if you go for the plain silver you'll get it better, but I wanted it to disappear as much as possible! I'm sure my country neighbors thought I was crazy, but I have two suburban dogs who don't understand horses and cows and I didn't want to wind up owing a neighbor to replace one!!!!

--Johanna

Here is a link that might be useful: My place: Busy Solitude Farm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here