Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roosters fighting

Posted by johanna_h Z5 SW MI (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 21, 09 at 17:40

I posted yesterday unsure whether my two roosters had been fighting, or whether Egglebert was injured in some other way and Tweedledum took advantage of his weakness.

Today when I was freshening Egglebert's water in his kennel he scooted out past me and Tweedledum immediately went after him.

So now I know.

Does anyone think this is a situation that can be managed somehow, or does one of the roosters need to go? I currently have 12 hens and plan to add chicks in the spring.

Thanks for your opinions and expertise.

Here is a link that might be useful: My place: Busy Solitude Farm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roosters fighting

Its what cocks do. You will probably have to keep them seperated. The least you can expect is the loss of an eye on one or both.

o

Thanks. I thought that was the case, but of course I hoped there might be another solution.

--Johanna

o

Soup if you can handle it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here