Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
R Com 20 incubator

Posted by stoneunhenged (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 9, 07 at 20:21

Has anyone bought one of these incubators?

I've hatched eggs for 30 years, beginning with the old wafer thermostat incubators and more recently some of the more high-end electronic incubators (Brinsea octagon, AB, etc.) But, nothing compares to the R Com 20 incubator for accuracy and ease of operation.

You simply key in the desired temperature and humidity, and it maintains them with remarkable accuracy. The thermostat holds the temperature within 1/10 of a degree F. The humidifier is also digital and automatic. It constantly regulates the humidity. It even flashes an idiot light when you need to add water (not distilled water, either.)

My sole complaint is that it only holds 20 chicken eggs. A larger capacity model would be nice. They also make a more expensive model that can be programmed and monitored directly from your computer. Amazing.

Anyway, I've bought three R Coms and can highly recommend them. Its simple, elegant and effective design makes all others look like Rube Goldberg machines. No more twiddling with thermostats knobs, no more crude attempts to regulate humidity. This is an incubator chickens would envy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: R Com 20 incubator

They sound great! Although a bit pricy.

o

Pricey, true. But worth it, especially if you hatch expensive eggs. (I had a guy quote me $110.00 for a dozen black copper maran eggs yesterday.) Look on it as a long-term plan for not killing valuable chicks.

o

stoneunhenged. Is it a pro model or an ordinary?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here