Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natalie312_gw

Need chicken eggs.

natalie312
15 years ago

Wondering if you would be willing to sell me some cheap smaller breed chicken eggs. I wont need them utill April. I live in klamath CA, near Eureka. Let me know if you are interested. Will my bigger hens sit on the smaller breeds eggs??

~Natalie

Comments (14)

• velvet_sparrow
    15 years ago

Hens will sit on rocks, golf balls...anything! *L* Broody hens are like that. Egg size or color doesn't matter at all. I'd keep the clutch to 5-7 eggs for best results, although if you have a big hen (like an Orpington) and give her bantam eggs, you can easily give her more, up to about 8-10. Just remember that mama is going to have to care and watch over them all, so don't overburden her.

Lots of folks here are willing to share eggs, seramas is one to ask especially, he's a soft touch. *L* Plus, his birds are beauties! I have mixed breed eggs I can share also, I live in southern California. I don't charge for eggs, just pay the cost of the shipping. I double box my eggs to protect them from the postal services' tender handling. My chicken site is here, pics of my flock are on it:

http://jackshenhouse.com/

Velvet ~:>

• brendasue
    15 years ago

I have Easter Eggers I can send any time. They are not small like a banty though, they are a bit bigger. We're on the East Coast. No charge, maybe just shipping.
    Brendasue

• seramas
    15 years ago

I'd love to send eggs for free to anyone that wants them, just pay postage-unless your a 4-H member then we pay the postage. Mine are pure-blooded because they are cage breed for my color breeding program with the Seramas. All the other breeds we have are pure also. We have Seramas(B), Phoenix-Gold-Silver-BBR (American Verity)(B), Silkies(B),Buff Orpington, White Rock, Mille Fleur D'Uccle(B), Black Australorp, Old English(B). (B) indicates Bantams. They are available on the first come basics. The only one we can immediately supply for a broody hen is the Seramas. They are very tiny birds usually about the size of a pigeon and as small as a Bobwhite Quail. The Roos crow is small and most in the city can keep them without anyone knowing they have them-they are quiet and when give a lot of attention crave your company.

• natalie312
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, cool thanks guys! I really like the Silkies. So ill let you know when i want them. Thanks guys!
    ~Natalie

• msjay2u
    15 years ago

Does anyone have any guinea eggs they want to get rid of? I am having a dickens of a time finding guineas around here and I am assuming I can put the guinea eggs in with the chickens and one of them will sit on them till they hatch??

• natalie312
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Does anybody know how much it cost to ship like 10 eggs???
    ~~Natalie

• velvet_sparrow
    15 years ago

Murray McMurray hatchery sells hatching eggs for chickens and other fowl, check with them for guineas. Also check eggbid.com for birds and eggs in smaller quantities.

natalie, the cost to ship a dozen eggs varies and it's been a while since I shipped, but I'd say a double-boxed dozen eggs shipped Priority Mail would probably run about $22.00 or so...? The USPS has a postage generator where you can enter 'to' and 'from' ZIP codes and package size to get an idea.

• msjay2u
    15 years ago

thanks velvet I always have a fear of buying off a bidding site and some one selling me buzzard eggs. Not funny!!!

• velvet_sparrow
    15 years ago

*LOL* Hey, be the first on your block with PET BUZZARDS!

They keep the desert clean! :)

• natalie312
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey, so what kind of Banties do you guy's have?? I want like six banties and six color egg layers eggs. I realy like the silkies, but other banties are greaat two!!! I'd really like to get them from the same person too. Will the egg die over the time it takes to ship??
    Thanks,
    ~~Natalie

• islandmanmitch
    15 years ago

Seramas, How do you package your eggs and what service for shipping?

• natalie312
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've been looking at other breeds and if any one has Buff Cochin Bantam eggs and colorful egg layers eggs too that would be great!
    Thanks,
    ~~Natalie

• msjay2u
    15 years ago

Velvet: NOT!!!
    I am a trendsetter but not that kind

• bekisar
    15 years ago

HOW CAN I EMAIL OR OTHERWISE CONTACT "seramas"?? I want to respond to her post....Posted by seramas 4/5 SW MICH (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 27, 09 at 12:14 My email is,,,cecilburdeshaw@bellsouth.net...name is WAYNE. THANKS.

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living