Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
chicken feed

Posted by runningtrails 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 13, 09 at 7:50

I ran out of chicken feed 2 days ago. Yesterday for breakfast and dinner they got a huge mass of Basmati rice (it was the only kind I had) mixed with boiled eggs, ground up together and some celery. This morning they will get a mass of pasta and boiled egg with ground up egg shells for calcium.

Today I will get more feed. lol! We are eating some very expensive eggs these days but our chickens are loving it!

I think I will buy a huge bag of CHEAP rice to store for emergency winter chicken raitions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: chicken feed

I feed laying pellets but also a little scratch grain every day.Also have a bag of wheat to sprout and got a great deal on some grits that I cook for the least waste.They last a long time and I have mixed other stuff like heated and ground eggshells or dry milk with them.Anyway if you keep more than one feed on hand you might not run out!I question how good rice is for chickens .You might let us know if their egg laying is off.Posy_pet

o
RE: chicken feed

R U sure you ran out of feed or are you just spoiling those girls again!! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here