Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
runningtrails_gw

The weather

runningtrails
15 years ago

This weather is so frustrating! After about a week of rain and above freezing temps in the daytime, we had hardly any snow left. We were almost there! Sometimes spring comes in mid March, occasionally. Then last night BAM! -16c and snow. We woke up to this!!

{{gwi:36997}}

I guess we're going to wait a bit longer for it to get here, after all. We can have bad winter storms in the first week of April, but not always. Usually the end of March is fairly nice.

If it doesn't come soon, I'm going to scream (but not out loud, well, probably not... )

** Thought For The Week: Just because it comes in your size doesn't mean you should wear it. :-)

Comments (7)

• brendasue
    15 years ago

We're just about done here. the rain melted what snow was left, though we can still get a few inches in late March, but it won't last long.

No screaming, it'll come!
    Brendasue

• islandmanmitch
    15 years ago

I have spent the past couple of days on the tractor. Shorts and no shirt, no farmers tan going on here. 80's during the day and 60's at night. Most of my fruit trees are in full bloom. Spring is in full swing.

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I can't wait to spend days on the tractor in the warm sun! Sounds like absolutely perfect temps!

• seamommy
    15 years ago

It was great weather here for nearly a month and then this week it cooled down, started raining and finally got down to freezing last night. Our last frost date is supposed to be next Wednesday, the 18th. All the fruit trees were in bloom already and I was making plans to plant the garden this weekend. Weather service says 72 on Sunday-I hope so. So, Runningtrails, go ahead and scream if you need it to maintain your sanity, I believe all that snow will muffle the sound OK, and then you can feel better and Spring is just around the corner. Cheryl

• posy_pet
    15 years ago

My apologies.No wonder you ran out of feed!We had warm weather.My apricots were blooming for the first time.I figure they got frosted but the snow and ice missed us.It's been warm enough in the afternoon that I could transplant and divide some flowers.With my coat on!Posy_pet

• kimreko
    15 years ago

Beautiful day here in the NW part of WA. It's got me itching to plant but weather outlook shows next several days rain with highs in mid 30's (poss of snow). It's still dipping into the mid 20's at night. It's been a very untypical winter for us. Can't wait for spring to get into full swing!

• msjay2u
    15 years ago

runningtrails i feel bad for you and all that snow!!
    We had one 2 snowstorms all winter *so far* and they only totaled about 7 inches. I hate snow!

Islandmanmitch must you rub in our faces that you are in a sunny place already working on your tan and enjoying riding your tractor?? Okay I will say it....I'm jealous. Wah!

Well last weekend it go up to 84 according to the thermometer. then this week dipped down in the 30's. no wonder I am still sick!!

SPRING PLEASE HURRY UP!!