Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Change your clocks back!

Posted by brendasue 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 8, 09 at 10:15

Just a reminder to change your clocks back. We lose an hour of sleep, but it's worth it to know better weather & longer days are coming!

Joy joy joy excitement is in the air here! Beautiful day yesterday & today, 60 degrees or so, but back down to the 30's tomorrow.... sob sob.
Brendasue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Change your clocks back!

Brendasue honey, you mean "set your clocks ahead an hour." It is "spring ahead, fall back" with daylight savings time.
But you're right--longer days, more sunlight and gardening 'til we drop is just ahead!

o

And don't forget to change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

What! You don't have a CO detector? Think about getting one. It could save your life.

Wayne

o

I'm glad someone's excited about the change coming so early. I live on the far western edge of eastern time, so this morning the sun rose at 8:09 thanks to the change. I'd rather keep my morning sunlight than have an extra hour in the evening when it's still too cold/wet/unpredictable to do much outside. Harumph!

--Johanna

Here is a link that might be useful: My place: Busy Solitude Farm

o
RE: Change your clocks forward NOT back!

Marlingardener thanks for correcting me. I got so excited I really messed that up < red face>. Oh why can't you edit posts on the forum!

Johanna h: just go by the time change I originally posted-you'll gain two hours! lol. 8:09 wow that's late.

Adirondackgardener yes it is a good reminder for the batteries for CO detectors & fire alarms. In town here a couple of years ago there was a tragic accident during a kids birthday sleepover-CO from the furnace I think it was overcame the kids, the parents were in bed & could barely call 911 they were so out of it. Tragic, very tragic. Thank you for the reminder!
Brendasue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here