Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nelda1234

I need help--emergency

nelda1234
15 years ago

My daughter forgot to shut the lid on the potty and a baby peep fell in--soaked I have rinsed her and blew dry her with blow dryer--she is shaking and very lathargic I have her on a hot water bottle covered with a towel--anybody think what else to do?

Nelda

Comments (8)

• brendasue
    15 years ago

Not sure I'm the best one to answer but here goes:

If it's head went under gently swing it upside down to extract any liquid that may have gotten into it's mouth. You may or may not get anything out, anything visible, anyways they are so small.

Put a towel in the dryer to get warm, then set the chick on the warm towel. This will quickly warm the chick. Keep the chick warm, near the others so it knows it's not alone & keep stress hopefully limited. Until the chick stops shaking.

That's all I can think of.
    Brenda

• nelda1234
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Brendasue-thanks for responding. I did not think of that but I did think to turn her upside down and massaging her chest upwards to her throat and some water did come out and then I put her on a hotwater bottle wrapped in a towel----did not think of the towel and dryer thing! I was in a panic. She is now doing fine she has stopped shaking and is eating. Thanks again for your help.

Nelda

• msjay2u
    15 years ago

Nelda,
    I did not reply earlier because I don't have any idea what to do. I assumed this was a really young daughter and when the peep fell in the potty it was not water it fell into?

Anyway how is the peep doing now? I hope it works out

• nelda1234
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Everything is good thank you-I was just in a panic-yup full of water. I guess I will be changing her name from lil bit to "Ducky". She is a 3 wk old Australorp and she is my favorite, she gets out of her house and comes looking for me and hops up on my hand and talks to me! I am glad she is ok.

• msjay2u
    15 years ago

cool.

• runningtrails
    15 years ago

Oh Nelda, I'm so glad she's ok! The poor little thing! Sounds like you have a real mama's girl there!

• nelda1234
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks runningtrails--Maybe I will start teaching "Ducky" some "chicken tricks" like maybe how to swim? LOL :))

Nelda

• mersiepoo
    15 years ago

Glad the chick is okay after its 'swim'! I wonder if you can potty train your chickens as well? :D

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?