Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pigs and Cows!

Posted by natalie312 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 6, 09 at 16:27

Hey, i want to buy a cow or pig. Do you guy know any thing about those animals. Do you guys know how much they run for when they are young.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pigs and Cows!

What kind of cow or pig, and do you have the proper fencing or containment system for these animals that will get rather large, and can potentially do damage to you, kids, and even a dog?

We raised pigs when I was younger. If it wasn't for my childhood doberman I wouldn't be here today. They were penned and fed mostly scraps & grew quite large. I'd have them again now as an adult, except I don't need the extra chore of building a sturdy pen for them., I've enough on my plate as it is.

We also had a a few pastured beef cows & several milk cows. The beefers were pretty ornery, but we didn't treat them like we did the milk cows, as they were for the freezer.

Pricing varies greatly from region to region, and addiitonally from breed to breed. Do you have an agricultural newspaper that lists farm animals? Watch the ads for a bit to get an idea what they go for in your area.
Brendasue

o

My parents and I have diceded to have a pig instead of a cow. We will build a cage suitable for them.
Thank you.
~~Natalie

o

Your welcome. What type of pig are you thinking of getting? Pigs are great for future garden spaces, they till the soil up better than any tiller I've seen!.
Brendasue

o

Well I dont realy knnow much about pigs. I'm going to raise it thourgh the 4-h program.
Thank You,
~~Natalie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here