Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trisha_51

getting going after being away

trisha_51
11 years ago

DH and I just moved back to the family farm in the mid-west after being gone for many, many years. This year will be 'catch-up'; learning where Mom had this and that planted. The crop land, about 230 acres is rented out. I want to get a couple dozen chickens for eggs and meat, and see if I can remember how to garden in this area! DH is having 'fun' remodeling a large old chicken house (35'x180'). The walls have started to bow so we're brainstorming how to straighten and stabilize them. He's always wanted a wood shop so here's his opportunity. Also hoping to fence off an area and get a couple feeder calves sometime. There's a butcher in a small town nearby. Meanwhile the house itself is in need of repair, too. Dad had gone to saying, 'I'll let the next guy fix it'. Now that is us! It's a mixed blessing because now we can do some remodeling, too. Just have to find the money. :)

Comments (2)

• insteng
    11 years ago

Congratulations on moving back to th farm. Once you get there you will find you will never run out of things that need to be done. We bought a place in the country and only get to go there on the weekends, and we never get a chance to just relax because there are always too many things to do.

• cherig22
    9 years ago

Give us some updates, how you are doing, and let us congratulate you!

Cheri