Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3 post and rail vinyl farm fencing question

Posted by jess2132000 PA (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 12, 08 at 17:51

I would like to use this in our backyard to keep in our yellow lab. We have post and rail wood with wire inbetween now. The guy who installs it told me you have 3 different color wires black,green or gray wire. He told me the issue with the wire and the vinyl farm fencing is in time the wire gets rusted or bent and it does not look as nice as it stands out more with the white fence. They can not get it as flush to the post as the wooden also. The wooden post in rail fades in time and so does the wire so it does not look as bad.. I am looking at vinyl as I want to match up with my vinyl privacy fence in the front yard. I am considering picket vinyl also but the post and rail vinyl is cheaper so want to get some opinion on the wire issue. Does anyone have one with wire and how does it look? I am tired of the old wood look and replacing rails with my wooden fence. Which is the best way to go?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3 post and rail vinyl farm fencing question

Listen to the guy who installs the fencing. He is correct.

Here is a link that might be useful: Propagating Perennials

o

Well I know i have seen alot of them going up in the newer developments and they don't look too bad now but have not gotten that close to see one. I just know they are cheaper then picket and my dog has has the old wooden post and rail kind now and does not get out with that wire mesh so I guess we would be ok there I guess I was looking to see if anyone had one..

o

If you put in vinyl picket or privacy panels you won't need the wires. It's more expensive than post and rail, but then you won't have the expense of the wire on top of that and you will have a more attractive fence. Also, because you won't have to replace the rails and wire like you have been doing with your wood fence, in the long run you will save money.

o

Farmers dont like it,Ive heard a few examples where these people came home to find thier horse dead with a piece of the fence in his chest.He crashed thru it splinters.I know I saw my horse about go thruour fence he was running slipped on mud almost went thru fence.We have horses and texas longhorns.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here