Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how long before goslins walking

Posted by farmgirl01 la (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 2, 09 at 18:09

Hello! This is my first batch of goslins and I had one that hatched this morning. She's still just peeping and laying down not really moving around. She can barely lift her head. Is this normal? How long does it take for them to be running around?

Thanks for all help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how long before goslins walking

should be by now?? In dont have much to offer, I let the goose do all the work usually .

o

She should be up. They sleep for a bit after hatching, but since this morning is a long time. Have the others hatched? Is the temp ok? You might try water or gatorade or something as the heat can be dehydrating. Sometimes something just isn't right and you'll lose one.

I've never tried to save a sickly chick, either they make it or they don't. I think Seramas posted last week on some tricks she uses to get them up and get some energy into them, you might try looking for that post.
Brenda

o

The others have not hatched yet just peeking. I can hear them peeping but only have a small crack.

She is moving around a lot better now seems to be holding her head up, but still having problems with keeping legs steady. She has eaten a small amount of chick started and some water but even now starting day 2 she is weak.

The temp is holding at 99. I might try some gatorade.

So this is not normal? I have only bought baby goslings before never hatched them.
Melissa

o

Well she is doing great today. She followed me around the yard a bit today. Today she is 3 days old. She had two sibling hatch this morning. They seem to be the same way that she was. One seems a bit stronger than she was but they seem to be OK. They are so cute.

Our two parents ( Elvis and Priscilla) just stared at her while she followed me. I think they knew she was their little Lisa Marie.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here