Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
canuckistani

Where do people get their long range weather forecasts?

canuckistani
15 years ago

Does anyone pay attention to the farmer's almanac? Any other good sources for predicting the weather?

Comments (6)

• runningtrails
    15 years ago

I get mine from Environment Canada:

Here is a link that might be useful: Canada weather

• seamommy
    15 years ago

I use the almanac, so did my mother and so did my grandmother. The weather predictions are of a general nature, you can't predict rain on a particular day in a particular location, but it gets pretty close. I mainly like the articles and the planting times. Cheryl

• canuckistani
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Runningtrails,

Does Environment Canada release forecasts for anything longer than a couple of weeks? I can never find forecasts longer than a couple of weeks from them.

• runningtrails
    15 years ago

No, that's as fara as they will go. I don't know if you can get weather predictions that far ahead. Even one week is changeable.

• Beeone
    15 years ago

This site gives you very extended forecasts. I think it is still more art than science in giving these forecasts, and they are really only valid in a general sense so on any given day 3 months from now could be very wrong. But, they are interesting.

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/longrang.html

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

Weather is the standard for limited predictability, eventually we may have a break through, but for now rough estimates are as good as its getting once you look out past 10 days or so.