Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where do people get their long range weather forecasts?

Posted by canuckistani 5b (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 8, 09 at 19:51

Does anyone pay attention to the farmer's almanac? Any other good sources for predicting the weather?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where do people get their long range weather forecasts?

I get mine from Environment Canada:

Here is a link that might be useful: Canada weather

o

I use the almanac, so did my mother and so did my grandmother. The weather predictions are of a general nature, you can't predict rain on a particular day in a particular location, but it gets pretty close. I mainly like the articles and the planting times. Cheryl

o

Runningtrails,

Does Environment Canada release forecasts for anything longer than a couple of weeks? I can never find forecasts longer than a couple of weeks from them.

o

No, that's as fara as they will go. I don't know if you can get weather predictions that far ahead. Even one week is changeable.

o

This site gives you very extended forecasts. I think it is still more art than science in giving these forecasts, and they are really only valid in a general sense so on any given day 3 months from now could be very wrong. But, they are interesting.

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/longrang.html

o

Weather is the standard for limited predictability, eventually we may have a break through, but for now rough estimates are as good as its getting once you look out past 10 days or so.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here