Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cutelilkitkat

Please help my ducklings are sick :(

cutelilkitkat
13 years ago

I was surprised with two little ducklings about two weeks ago(they were about one week old then), and so far everything has been great. We have a heat lamp, the mush feed for them, a plastic tub the whole bit. Everyday I get them out for a bit and let them play in water. They are very lively curious little things and I have really become attached.

Last night and today I could hear them sneezing and they have both been very clingy today. Through out the day when ever I would pet them, they would kind of nuzzle me with their bills and they felt hot. They have spent much of the day sleeping, unlike the last week or so in which they were up playing for the most part.

I have called every vet in our area, each one saying to call another because they have no expeirence with water fowl...I don't know what to do.

My sister bought an antibiotic called Duramycin-10 and said a local farm shop said to put a pinch into a gallon of water and give it to them....is it safe?? I don't want to lose my babies. :(

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?