Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Extra chicken eggs

Posted by tdetraz none (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 9, 11 at 21:41

I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas on what to do with excess eggs? We just started raising our own chickens a year ago just for family and friends to have fresh eggs. We have around 19 hens and I am getting about 15 eggs a day. Any ideas would be so appreciated.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Extra chicken eggs

You can sell them. Donate them to the food bank. Give them to friends and family. Do a lot of baking. Make them into dog food. Hatch them and sell chicks. Hatch them and raise the chicks up and eat them. Get rid of some of your hens, since it costs too much to feed them if they produce more than you can use.

o

All good suggestions.

Additionally,
feed to other animals,
blow them out & decorate shells for decorations/crafters
Make Quiche
Pickle them

Baked Alaska (sorry, don't have the recipe, ice cream baked in a meringue)

Breakfast for Dinner (poached, fried, boiled), vary by cracking into holed bread & fry, waffles, french toast, muffins, ect.

dip for breaded chicken/chops
potato salad
egg salad
egg drop soup
baked spaghetti (use eggs to bind & bake)
pork fried rice
Take "donations" for eggs
Sell for "organic" dog food if applicable

and.....whatever you can conjure up to use them up!
I agree if you have too many, sell the extra birds. They should bring a good price this time of year.

Brenda

o

Use some to wash your hair. "egg shampoo"

o

Thanks for all the great ideas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here