Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (3)

• msjay2u
    15 years ago

this is really interesting. I was reading something today about the bill that they think will ban organic gardening even in home gardens. I guess it is how the reader interprets it???

I am going to be looking more into this. What worries me is that most of the stories are on "underground" type of websites and not typically considered reliable and accountable news sources. i wonder why that is? Could it be that the big boys will not comment until it becomes clearer?

I appreciate this issue being brought to my attention. I heard part of it but over the last couple of days have learned so much more.

Mitch, considering what you are going through to become an organic farmer what do you think about all this??

• brendasue
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well I can't say for sure but given the public's dissassociation with their food sources I'm suspecting they'd much prefer to hear about Angelina's twins, which democrat made the error, or the dress designer of the First Lady. Now Those topics sell papers.

Several farming magazines have published articles on the topic, if you don't subscribe you wouldn't see it.

There've been a few articles in some larger newspapers. Like the article says, it's an underground movement as more and more become aware. Most think it only effects farmers. Wrong, the draft includes fish & crustations, parakeets, and just about all animals considered pets. Not sure how the pond thing is gonna work but the language is there (or was anyway when I read it in 2006).

Remember, some of these programs have been in the works behind the scenes for years, almost to the point of implementation, before it became known it even existed. Besides, those state websites make it look so good, kinda like our state lottery was implemented to lower our taxes & take some of the burden off, yea right. They never did follow up to tell us why the funds weren't lowering our taxes.

Sorry, I'm not turning a blind eye on this one, particularly when the cost will far exceed the benefit.

Brendasue

• islandmanmitch
    15 years ago

I don't know enough on the subject to make an educated comment. At face value it difficult to believe.

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County