Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlingardener

Visit our farm, virtually

marlingardener
15 years ago

My husband, the computer wizard, has posted our farm on the Internet! We have a website with pictures, tips on gardening, growing herbs, some recipes, and bits about our bees and hens. We aren't selling anything, and won't be for a LONG time. Please come visit us at www.rgf-tx.com. At the very least you'll feel a lot better about your farm!

Comments (14)

• dethride
    15 years ago

I cut and pasted the url and didn't get you. Any ideas?

• marlingardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

dethride,
    I don't know why you didn't get us, but I'll ask my husband the guru of the 'net when he gets home. On the Kitchen Table forum Linda got us by searching Red Gate Farm. She included a link. Perhaps if you go to the KT forum and get on my posting, you can access us from Linda's link. I'm sorry--I was looking forward to your visit!

• msjay2u
    15 years ago

the link works. dethride probably also copied the period at the end of the link

Here is a link that might be useful: Red Gate Farm

• marlingardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Msjay2u,
    Thank you, I hadn't thought about that extra dot! Anyway, welcome to one and all to Red Gate Farm.

• runningtrails
    15 years ago

Looks like an interesting site! You have a great place! Your hubby did a good job with the site.

I have a farm blog, as do a few others here. I am working on a site for the farm, listing what we sell, etc. but I only work on it when I have time, and that's not very often with this nice weather.

• msjay2u
    15 years ago

I did not comment on the site because I wanted to take my time and go through the whole site first. My first message was mainly to help dethride find the site.

Now that I finally visited it and went through the contents...I found it to be very interesting, especially "tips" and my favorite one was on fertilizer. Lets see if I remember...leaf, flower, root. I also like the insect spray formula. That is great info! I look forward to seeing how this site progresses.

• marlingardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

msjay2u,
    So glad you liked the site and found some helpful information. We will be changing and adding to the site frequently, so don't be a stranger! We just checked our bees' progress today, so we will be posting pictures of the frames with larvae and caps, as well as more information on vegetables, etc.
    This farm stuff is so much fun!

• dethride
    15 years ago

Hi, just checked out your site and I like it. Nice pics! Someday I'll do one about my place! FYI, I went to it thru the link misjay2u's post. I still couldn't get to it cut/paste-wise, and checked to see if I included a period!
    Herbert

• marlingardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Herbert,
    So glad you like our farm and the pictures. Come visit frequently as we update information and photos, and you are welcome to our free newsletter, too. We won't tell anyone who or where you are!

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Love the path,what is it made of?

• marlingardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Goldenpond,
    The path is simply "no-float" cedar chips. There are a lot of ashe junipers around here, and the chips are cheap! I spray it with vinegar when we get the occasional clump of grass coming up, and add to the chips about once a year.

• msjay2u
    15 years ago

That path was a neat idea!

• deep_south_gardener
    14 years ago

Thanks for the site. Keep the advice coming. My hubby and
    I are just now looking at country property. Still living
    in the city, but longing for Green Acres. Your insight
    helps with our planing. So much to think about when
    going from city to country.
    Thanks again.

Brenda
    New Orleans, LA

Here is a link that might be useful: http://community.webshots.com/user/deepsouthgardener100

• runningtrails
    14 years ago

I have just finished a fieldstone path. I like the look of the cedar chips!

I have posted a "Landscaping the Farm" piece to my blog with landscaping ideas and pics. It is fun to have so much space to make beds and plant wherever you want and whatever you want!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our farm blog