Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Farm Name Ideas

Posted by inelly15 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 11, 10 at 8:41

We need some help naming our farm. We live on a hill and there is a huge oak tree in our yard. We have horses and chickens.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Farm Name Ideas

Names are pretty personal. When we got our first chickens, we had five of them and they laid every day without fail. I was so happy that they were laying when other peoples chickens were not, so I though the name:

5 Egg Farm

would be just perfect.

The are many names to choose from like:
Oak Hill Farm,
Rustling Stream Farm,
Fair Weather Farm,
Peacerful Acres

But I think you would find these names in a lot of locations. I had a place I called Riversbend.. thought it was pretty original....Not so! There a many, many of them. So I would suggest you find something a little more personal like:

Happy Chicks
Happy Hooves

Name after your favoite animal. I really, really like my rooster Charlie, so something like, "Charlie's Roost" would work for me.

Maybe a name discribing a building. Not Red Barn Farm.. too common, but perhaps Tin Roof, or Green Door or Crooked Path.

What does you and your families most loved part of your place? A view, a feeling, a flower, perhaps the weather...Try that.

Which ever name you choose, please be sure to come back and let us all know.

o

Acorn acres. That's it my mind went blank

o

I kinda like the "Oak Hill Farm" idea, but if you have critters you want to register, I would search the registry for your name ideas to make sure they weren't duplicated in your registry or registries (such as stable names, herd names or kennel names) then google the name(s) to see if there are duplicates there (sometimes you can change or add a word to make it unique). When you arrive at a unique name, you will be able to register all your animals under a single name, even if you have different species, e.g., Oak Hill Stables, and Oak Hill Kennel. What I meant by change or adding a word: if Oak Hill Farm is duplicated, maybe Oak Creek Farm or Hill Creek Farm are not.

If you have a unique farm name, it will be easier for you and others to locate the offspring of any animals you sell, and by establishing a unique name to begin with, you will save yourself the trouble of perhaps having to change the name of your herd, stable or farm at a later date.

o

Acorn Acres...that's cute and catchy, I like it! :)

We're in contract to buy 18 acres and I'm thinking we should wait to name our future farm. Meanwhile, I appreciate all the suggestions of things to think about before naming your farm. All we have are dogs, but we'd like to have more animals (haven't decided which ones yet) as well as plant a veggie garden, fruit trees, olive trees and possibly a vineyard.

o

Horse Feather Farm

o

We have a non profit animal rescue named after a beloved family dog, Sarah. Save Animal Rescue And Haven (S.A.R.A.H.) She would be proud.

o

I like eric's suggestion ... a lttle whimsical ...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here