Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not sure...

Posted by jaleeisa 6b Oklahoma (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 1, 09 at 9:34

If this is the correct area in this forum to post something like this, but I am looking for a small trade of Timothy hay seed. I only need a couple of tablespoons of this seed. I am involved in a round robin swap with the young son of another GW trade member. He's 6 yrs old and has Guinea Pigs and wants so much to grow food for them as well as for himself. He's really a budding young gardener! Knowing he has the Guinea Pigs and that Timothy hay is very good for them, and with his Mom's approval, I am trying to find some seed for it so he can learn to grow his own on a small scale. They have the room to do it, I've already checked on that. However, the smallest package I can find to purchase is for a 2 ounce bag, and I understand that will be a LOT of seed. I don't mind purchasing it, but just do not need or want that much!

So if anyone has a small amount that I might trade for, or send postage for, or know where I might find just a couple of tablespoons, I would be very grateful and I know my young friend would be very surprised and pleased!

Thanks,and my apologies if this was the wrong part of this forum to post this!

Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not sure...

You're close! :) The seed/plant exchange area of GardenWeb is here:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/exchind/

Not to say that someone here might not be able to help you, but you may want to cross post over there to hedge your bets.

Velvet ~:>

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here