Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chicklover2246

Help with New chicks

Chicklover2246
11 years ago

I have never raised my own chickens before but have worked on several horse farms that had chickens, one raised quail & I helped mI'm raifor your help! sing chickens for eggs and to have as pets. Thanks for your help! boyfriend with his chickens years ago. I got 10 chicks last Thursday Evening from our local feed store. Guess they saw me coming. I trusted the woman to pick good peeps, so I won't do that again. I'm not sure what to do. One is missing feathers around it's vent but the skin is all clean. Another has droppings stuck to it's vent & is missing some feathers, she can still poop but I couldn't clean all of it off. One more has something stuck to the side of her head around her eye. I wiped the feathers but don't want to get her too wet. She can't open her eye the whole way until I clean her head. There doesn't seem to be any drainage, nothing is wet to show on a paper towel before I wipe it. All 10 chicks are eating, drinking, pooping & acting like healthy chicks.
Do I need to know anything more or what else to look for? Don't yell at me but I'm afraid if I take them back, they'll kill them. Thanks for your help!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County