Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm looking to buy ducklings but I can't find any local

Posted by MallardPonyFarmGirl none (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 12 at 13:40

I have a TSC but their chick days ended a few weeks ago and when ducklings came in they were gone in a day. I would order online but it seems so cruel shipping them so young. Plus, I hate them being shipped and the chance they won't even survive. I need some advice! I looked on craigslist but didn't find anything and I also looked on birdnow. I have looked on efowl, chickens for backyards, and calafornia hatchery. I only want 2 and I would love them to be local. What should I do?!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm looking to buy ducklings but I can't find any local

Sounds to me like you have limited options. Be patient and keep looking or buy eggs online and be patient and hatch your own. You could buy like 10 eggs, hatch em out and sell/trade the extras. This way you have a better chance of selecting a desired variety. Good luck.

o

I had the same problem for years. I wanted Cayuga ducks but didn't want them mailordered. Finally this year I found someone selling them on Craiglist somewhat local. Look around at other Craiglist cities near enough to you that you wouldn't mind driving. And you could put an ad on there that you want ducklings.

o

Also if you got a local feedstore you can post an ad there as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here