Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tj00

Ducks laid eggs,

Tj00
11 years ago

Hi, I've owned a few ducklings within the past few years, I currently have 2, well today when I went to their pen I noticed an egg out in the open, I looked in their house and found two more, I've never had to deal with eggs, just the ducklings. Do I need to do anything? It's currently about 50 degrees out, the ducks both exited the cage when I opened it but are staying near it.

I'll also add that the female is a mallard, and I believe the male is im guessing some sort of mix? I bought him from a farm but he looks kinda like an indian runner duck when he stands straight up.

This post was edited by Tj00 on Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 15:02

Comment (1)

• LnrO
    10 years ago

Except keeping the pen clean and collecting the eggs, you don't have to do anything else really. You need to collect eggs everyday to discourage egg eating. I would advise getting layers pellet food for them, the male can eat it too. Ducks are hardy enough and only need a continuous supply of water and food. Plus duck eggs are yummy and are the same as hen eggs just a bit stronger, in baking 1 duck egg is 2 hen eggs :) enjoy them

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH