Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wsi_kt

Duck eggs and temp

wsi_kt
16 years ago

My kindergearten class is hatching eggs for the second time. Last hatch went great and the students did wonderful. This year all was going well till I came in today and checked on the temp of the eggs. We have 16 days left till I remove the turner and up to 3 days for them to hatch.

My question is:

The temp has been steady until right before I left school at 4:00 p.m. Upon my arrival at 7:30 this morning the temp was at 108. The temp as been running right at 99 - 100. Are my 12 eggs going to be okay? or are they dead? I was going to candle the eggs with the class tomorrow wednesday after they have been in there and stable for 11 days. I told them that something or someone has messed with them and now we will have to wait till Monday April the 14th. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (2)

• billie_ladybug
    16 years ago

I would hope that the temp just changed just before you noticed, of course, that is probably not what happened. I have always let it go anyway and hoped for the best. I have about a dozen ducklings that hatched just fine and we are still waiting on brothers/sisters. I would probably candle as planned and maybe you get lucky, they are ok.

Good Luck
    Billie

• wsi_kt
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I will candle on Monday. But the temp when I left school was at 99-100 at 4:00p.m. So I do not know exactly when or how it reached 108 but it had to be around 10 to 12 hours it was at that temp. I did though quickly get it back to its proper temp of 99 -100.

Thanks

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert