Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I get some pekin or mallard duck eggs to hatch

Posted by wsi_kt Southern Illinois (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 14, 08 at 16:34

I am wanting to hatch some pekins mostly. I did have a male and a female but a racoon killed my male of 2 years a week ago. I would also be interested in some mallards. I live in Illinois and would like to get them from someone close at a resonable price. Any help?

Katrina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I get some pekin or mallard duck eggs to hatch

You might want to try www.backyardchickens.com I think that is the url.
They have a forum there with a swap, sell, give aways thread.

o

Also most of the hatcheries offer eggs for sale. You can also check out eggbid.com. They have some fun things sometimes. Have fun and keep turning.

Billie

Here is a link that might be useful: eggbid.com

o

wsi kt,

Just a cautionary word, before you order any Mallard duck eggs check with your state agency in charge of enforcing the laws concerning wildlife. Mallards are a migiratory waterfowl and fall under the protection of the US Fish and Wildlife Service. In some states you are required to have permits to raise or keep certain species of animals, fowl, fish or reptiles. In Missouri you are required to have them for Mallards, Canadian Geese, Ringneck Pheasants, Bobwhite Quail, Eastern Wild Turkeys, Whitetail Deer, Raccoons, Opposums, Cougars, Bears, and other animals. Do not make the mistake of ordering hatching eggs for a native species without checking first, if you do, someone in a green pick up truck might stop by one afternoon, load up your fowl and hand you a citation to appear in a Federal District Courthouse.

Kevin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here