Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
runningtrails_gw

Rainy Day!

runningtrails
15 years ago

If it doesn't quit raining, I'm going to pull my hair out! I have green pea seeds and carrot seeds to plant and I can't even walk in the garden! Its soaking! I sink up to my ankles if I try.

I'm baking today. It is rainy and only 5C. It was 25C yesterday and we went for a long motorcycle ride around country roads. We like to look at the farms. I got a lot of landscaping work done yesterday. I made an iris bed in the rain this morning and then came in for the rest of the day. How dissappointing!

Today I made biscuits. I posted to my blog, as well, with biscuit and pastry making directions and info. I am slowly incorporating wheat back into my diet. The "slowly" part is hard but, so far, it seems to be ok.

Here is a link that might be useful: Providence Acres Farm Blog

Comments (7)

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Sorry you are soaked! I am sitting here praying that we get some rain here in NH. My new pasture is getting seeded and fertilized today and some rain would be welcome for that. So send it my way please!

• msjay2u
    15 years ago

Runningtrails you live in a very wet place don't you? Do you ever get a break from it??

You should be able to grow rice pretty good. LOL have you ever tried that??

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I live in the Great Lakes snow belt but it's not normallly this wet. We have had more than the normal rainfall in the past year. It's raining again today and is suppose to rain every other day this week. I don't know how I can till if this keep up. I tilled really well in the spring so I could plant now, but I'll have a good crop of grass growing with the veggies.

I can't plant "now" as it's raining, but I might manage a few rows of peas in the "dry corner" of the field when it dries up a bit. If only it would stop raining for a week or so!

I guess I'll make some more biscuits. I did use a couple of rainy days to draw this (below) in charcoal. I suppose I could paint, but a painting is a big job and I don't really want to start one right now. I might be able to start the rooster mural on the chicken house, if it would only dry up some - can't paint on a damp surface. That's my next big project, if it dries enough before the end of May.

In the meantime I am landscaping and planting flowers and potting things in the cold frame. I started some goji berry seeds yesterday on the windowsill. I am going to be overrun with seedlings if I can't plant outside soon!

I potted up all my dahlias and elephant ears and will do the cannas today. I need another cold frame. I may just put the EEs and cannas directly in the ground. Our last frost date is end of May but it will take that long for these to sprout. The dahlias will come up in about a week or so and so will need to be in the house or cold frame.

{{gwi:38764}}

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Have been praying for rain in Florida and all we get is sun and wind .The pond was down 5 feet and had to rent a Booster pump for the Flow well so the fish don't die.
    Send rain PLEASE!

• msmitoagain
    14 years ago

Wow, Runningtrails -

You are very talented. That's a beautiful picture. Your biscuits looked good on your blog too! All you needed was some tomato gravy to go with them. YUMMY.

Ramona

Here is a link that might be useful: MY BLOG

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I really, really wish I could send you some of our rain, Goldenpond! You are welcome to it!

Thank you, Ramona! I have never had tomato gravy but it sounds good.

• msjay2u
    14 years ago

I forgot to dig up my EE bulbs and they turned to mush. no chance of them growing this year. seech

nice drawing!!

and the biscuits look delish

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH