Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
backlanelady

Darn Goats!

backlanelady
16 years ago

With the price of hay and feed going up I decided I needed to cut back on my own personal petting zoo here.

I posted a for sale ad online and a man drove 2 hours to get here to look at my boer girls for sale.

I had all of my goats out loose with me, so the man could see how healthy and friendly the group of them are.

He comes and decides that he will buy both of the does to keep weeds down in his pasture.

The goats were all curious about the two gals being loaded into his truck and just mugging around us as usual.

So he writes me a check. I take it and look at it...and dropped my arm down by my side...in a split second Dorie, a pygmy doe, who was standing behind me, grabs the check and takes off running down the driveway...chomping on the check as she is running.

My husband and I are both chasing her...she stops, turns around to look at us...and swallows. No more check.

It happened so fast....the man asks, "did she just swallow my check?" Ummmm....yep. LOL.

My husband was really mad at first, until I pointed out...it could have been cash.

You just gotta love those goats...and keep a close eye on them too!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County