Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msjay2u

My Weekend

msjay2u
14 years ago

Was feeling good this weekend so I tried to get a few things done. First of all I got my truck!!! I did not get a good deal like NELDA but I did get a good deal i think. I already put it into service. I got a response to my ad looking for pallets and I lucked up on 9 or 10.

{{gwi:39142}}

So first project was a hay feeder which is almost complete. This photo was taken at dusk so as you see the blackberry only takes good photos in the day time even with a flash

{{gwi:39143}}

Now if you remember all my complaints about Ricky. Soon as I started building he was on me trying to help. I had to stop and take a break and what did he do but climb on it to check it out.

{{gwi:39144}}

I did not realize he would use it as a way to climb on a shelf in the barn

{{gwi:39145}}

He knocked everything off the shelf and broke some glass jars I been finding around the yard. He better be glad he did not break the old blue glass bottle I found or I would have had curried goat for Easter Dinner!! He did not cut himself on anything and I removed everything off the shelf. When I picked up a water picture I found a bird nest (empty thank goodness)

{{gwi:39146}}

I did not know goats were such good climbers so I looked it up on the internet and found this photo

{{gwi:39147}}

now that would freak me out LOL

okay and last thing. remember the bird roost I made for the chickens? they are finally using it (probably to get away from the big chicks... Lucy and Ethel)

{{gwi:39148}}

How was your weekend?? I hated to go to work this morning!! Notice how clear the photos come out in the daylight with my blackberry? not bad for a camera phone huh?

Comments (13)

• nelda1234
    14 years ago

Hey Msjay - that is a GREAT DEAL - I would have settled for that - besides you got a real "working" truck. What I got is not. Yours has a full sized bed - mine does not! Mine has a Tahoe cover, if I want to haul anything in it I have to take that off. Do you know how much work that is? It really is a pain in the rear! I am jealous that you have a better truck than me! Doesn't it feel good knowing that you can haul most anything in it and don't have to rely on anybody else!! great pictures - your goat just like kids, into everything, curious about all!! LOL The picture of the goats in the trees, I agree with you totally would freak me out!! I am glad you are feeling better and hopefully this will be the end of it and you will not be sick anymore.

• natalie312
    14 years ago

Congrads! Well on Friday i got a new bunny. Her name is Giant "Gigi" for short! I built a new rabbit hutch. :) It fits all five and room for more! I almost finished building my incubator, i just have a few adjustments. I will be putting in the eggs twomarrow or the next day. My big goat took me on a very far run. LOL! Oh ya, my bunnies did a great job of hiding the Easter eggs. LOL! I should have pictures of the incubator soon and the bunny hutch!
    ~~Natalie

• msjay2u
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nelda it was a good deal I think for $500 bucks. It runs good, has working ac and heat and a bed liner. my df calls it "the beast". Nelda you were my inspiration that I would get a good deal eventually so thanks! Definitely beats paying people, getting on their last fricking nerve to haul stuff for me. DF says 'and now the junk hauling begins'. LOL... whatevea.

Natalie it sounds like your big goat is doing fine? How are the baby rabbits? You must get you a digital camera so we can see some of your stuff. Did you get any eggs to go in the incubator yet? What are you planning to hatch?

• msmitoagain
    14 years ago

Glad you got a truck. With animals and living in the country you need one. I like the goats in the tree picture too. Even when our animals are being bad, you still sometimes have to laugh at what they do/did.

In your other post about not feeling well and stopping smoking, I mentioned my friend that I have been trying to get to quit for years. Well guess what, she e-mailed me and has been smokeless for 6 days now. COOL!!! I'm proud of both of you.

I needed to come back to work to get some rest. On Sat. we got up early and drove to New Orleans to work on our neighbors sister's house again. I think we will be finished in 1 more trip. While DH was laying some of the countertop tile, I went shopping. I love to go to grocery stores in different towns. Always have neat things that you don't find in your own region.

On Sunday, we went fishing. We caught 9 bass. Went home and had a nice fresh fried bass sandwich on New Orleans Poor Boy bread. Was pretty YUMMY!

Then Sunday afternoon, we went to a covered arena and rode our 2 older mares. My 17 year old tried to unload me as soon as I swung my leg over the saddle. I managed to ride that buck out but later she completely jumped out from under me. She spooked and it was like the caroons. One second you are on the horse, she jumped sideways and the next I'm in mid-air. Not hurt so that's a good thing, just a little sore.

Here is a link that might be useful: MY BLOG

• nhsuzanne
    14 years ago

Congrats on the truck msjay! Bigger congrats on kicking the habit. I could not survive without a truck that's for sure.

I love the picture of the goats in the tree! Wow is that funny.

• msjay2u
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Some fresh Bass fish sounds soooo good right about now. yummy!!
    glad you did not get hurt.

does anyone have goats that climb on everything too?

• runningtrails
    14 years ago

Great truck!! You got a fabulous deal for $500 and I know you'll LOVE having it! A truck is a must on a farm. It looks like a good one.

Great looking hay feeder you've made. Maybe you should make your goats some climbing structures in their yard to play on. A new pallet project!

Cool tree picture!

We had Easter dinner here with kids, son's girlfriend and grandparents (inlaws). It went well but was tiring and stressful. I got some outdoor work done, but not as much as I would have liked. It was very cold and wet.

"Cold" is too cold for the motorcycle :-(

msmitoagain - so glad you weren't hurt falling off that horse! I would have broken something for sure!

Natalie - Can't wait to see the incubator you have made. Hubby wants to make one. Can you give us the details of what you have done? I would like to see pics of the rabbit hutch too. We are thinking about adding rabbits, but maybe not this year.

• nhsuzanne
    14 years ago

msjay, my goats like to climb on things. Fortunately, I have a huge stone wall that they can play on plus other rocks around my property. They especially like the wooden platforms that I have in my paddock mostly for playing with the horses. I keep my barn closed off except stall so they can't get in and get into mischief (which they are so good at) Even though are free range they have never jumped up on a car or anything thank god. It's in their nature to climb.

• msmitoagain
    14 years ago

msjay2u - some how I have missed your blog link

can you post it again?

thanks,
    Ramona

Here is a link that might be useful: MY BLOG

• msjay2u
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have not locked my goats up in a long time and one day I needed to weed eat the fenceline and locked them in the barn so they would be safely out of my way. THEY WENT CRAZY!! They got out too. so weird.

I have seen fisher price plastic play sets used for goats. I have not really gotten mines anything to play in yet.

• nhsuzanne
    14 years ago

A nice rock pile would be good. I have seen some people use cement pipes, the big ones for goats. Anything they can climb on but especially rocks which are good for the hoofs.

• msjay2u
    Original Author
    14 years ago

i thought about one of those cement pipes cause they hate for me to cut their nails. that would help. where do you get them from? Now that I have a truck.....

hee heee

Also looking at that tree I think it might be pretty cool to have goats napping in the tree.

• nhsuzanne
    14 years ago

I would try the your town highway department first. They may have some old ones hanging around.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?