Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengalrn

Blending the girls

gardengalrn
14 years ago

I have successfully blended my old girls and young girls except that they each go to their separate quarters at night. The young ones are in a temporary house so over the weekend I plan to somehow get them to go to the big coop. I tried just closing that door so they wouldn't have a choice but the drama that ensued when they discovered they couldn't go in kinda gave me a headache, LOL! I gave in because I've been working a bad schedule and didn't have the time or energy to devote to them.

I'm telling you, I have had so much enjoyment out of these darned chickens. I will never regret getting them, even when it is too cold or raining and chores need to be done:) It has been raining and the run is a soupy mess. Since I was home yesterday working in the yard, I let them out. They were so delighted!!!!! They roamed here and there, were nosy about quite a few things and got their fill of young new grass. I plan to let them out again tomorrow since I'll be here all day.

Any good ideas about getting the little girls to go to the big coop? I've been putting their feed container ever closer to the coop door so they would get comfortable in that area generally patrolled by the big girls. Lori

Comments (2)